eMMC disappears at lower temperatures

Hello,
I have a problem with UP Squared. The eMMC containing the operating system seems to have disappeared. I need to reboot the device several times (1-40) and then the eMMC will appear and the system boots. However, when the power is turned off and on, the problem returns. It does not help to reset the BIOS by disconnecting the battery and power. This problem occurs only at a lower ambient temperature (3-10 ° C). Even when I use liveUSB, the eMMC can not be seen.

UP Squared Pentium Quad Core 8GB / 128GB eMMC

Tagged:

Comments

• Javier Arteaga
    Javier Arteaga Emutex Posts: 163 mod

Hi Radek,

The temperatures are on the low side of the operating range but that should be OK.

• Do you have any other peripherals connected?
    • Do you experience any issues with other components besides eMMC?
    • Is there anything else in particular to the environment of that board (e.g. high humidity?).
  • Radek Vrzal
    Radek Vrzal New Member Posts: 5

Hi Javier,

1. A USB3 camera and an SSD drive (SATA) were connected to the board. The problem occurred even when these devices were disconnected.
    2. According to the tests I've done, all other components worked correctly. As a workaround, I used a mSATA SSD drive for the operating system, but this solution does not suit me.
    3. The plate was in the following environment: 5 °C, 50% RH humidity. I can not think of any other factors that could influence the board.