No UP Splash Screen and can't access BIOS

Options

Hi!
I've installed Ubuntu 18.04 on my UP board and installed and configured RDP. Since then the splash screen hasn't been showing up nor can I see the BIOS. I know it's still there because I can press F7 to get in to boot menu and select a bootable USB (only because I know how many times to press the down arrow).
I've tried reinstalling Ubuntu and that hasn't worked, as well as unplugging the CMOS battery for about 2 minutes (just in case!)
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options

I don't think that RDP can change the board behavior, so it is really strange what you are describing.

About RDP setup, can you please provide your setup (hardware and software) and RDP setup and configuration so we can try to replicate the behavior?

Can you access the BIOS menu (not the boot menu) pressing delete? can you navigate and use it normally?

In case something else caused the BIOS screen/menu to stop showing, you can try to update/reflash your BIOS in case it got corrupted for any other reasons.

• alyssiarose
    alyssiarose New Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi DCleri,
    I don't think it was my RDP setup in the end. I left the UP board unplugged (after reinstalling ubuntu 18.04), but I can't remember how long for, then the splash screen magically returned! But once again it has gone on its own volition and now I can't boot into an ubuntu bootable drive to reinstall again.
    I can't access BIOS either, I just have a blank screen. I know the keyboard is connected because num lock is lit up.
    How would I go about updating my BIOS if I can't tell where I am in the boot menu?

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options

I would suggest you to request for RMA from the up-shop (or a distributor if you got it from somewhere else) so that we can check what is happening on this board