cannot find the hard disk

MPN: AAEON: UPS-APLP4-A10-08128
Part description: SINGLE BOARD COMPUTER UP^2 (128GB)
Part S/N: C18623921
Failure symptom: cannot find the hard disk frequently

we installed UEFI and eMMC showed up at boot menu in BIOS in the beginning.
But when we re-boot, it doesn’t show. Then when we enter BIOS, we cannot find the previous UEFI bootmgr.
eMMC shows up occasionally but not always.

Tagged:

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @ASM2019

Which power supply are you using?

What operating system have you installed on UP Squared?

Have you tried to reinstall the system already?

• ASM2019
    ASM2019 New Member Posts: 3

Hello @DCleri
    • Which power supply are you using?---------------------------------------------------normal PC POWER 5V DC SUPPLY
    What operating system have you installed on UP Squared?---------------------Window 10
    Have you tried to reinstall the system already?-------------------------------------reinstall the system more than 10 times
    • Currently, the main issue is that it may be missed the hard disk memory units when setup the board discontinuously .
    • Especially when tighten the four screws from board to heatsink, The board’s disk memory units always be missed.
    • Probably we doubt the board’s disk memory units IC has soldering issue.

• ASM2019
    ASM2019 New Member Posts: 3

@DCleri we don't think this is some kind of application problem becasue it is not the first time we used this part. Our PE thought this was a quatliy issue caused by the soldering problem. please advise your comment asap. This part is urgent for our production. thanks.

• DCleri

Hi @ASM2019

After the information you provided, the problem seems most likely an hardware issue of the specific unit.

Please apply for RMA request from the shop you bought your card and leave a reference to this topic for their information.

• Luc_sisseln
    Luc_sisseln New Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have the same problem. Until now I had 6 UP Squared, which all worked fine. But with this UP Squared, I was able to install Windows10, but after a time it did not recognize the eMMC.
    I will do as you suggested.

• DCleri

Hi @Luc_sisseln

Is also your board a UPS-APLP4-A10-08128 ?

Please help to confirm if that is the case.

If the above steps do not work, please apply for RMA through the shop.

• Luc_sisseln
    Luc_sisseln New Member Posts: 2

Hi @DCleri
    Yes, I confirm its the A10-08128. The other 6 Up-Boards we are using are also the same, but all work fine.

Is this issue (e.g. other eMMC) solved with the newer version? And how could I find out if I have a newer version?

• DCleri

Please apply for RMA for the board that doesn't work.

It can happen that a board eMMC doesn't work as expected, but the failure rate that we experience is still very low and it shows usually at the beginning.

I was asking just to understand if it is the same case and report back to our hardware team.

• lazna
    lazna New Member Posts: 1

Have same problem, with yesterday delivered board, eMMC not visible in BIOS, boot always ended in the BIOS password.

Tagged