UP Squared & Intel System Debugger (NDA 2019).

JonSJonS New Member Posts: 1

Hi. We're just getting started with the UP Squared board, so I apologize if this has been asked before (I searched the forums and didn't see anything, but I could have been looking in the wrong place).

We currently use the Intel System Debugger (NDA 2019 release) and are able to successfully connect to and debug an Intel Leaf Hill board (which also uses the Apollo Lake chip). When I plug the Leaf Hill board into my Windows 10 PC, the Leaf Hill board shows up in the device manager, the debugger sees it, etc... The cable we use is as follow:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Intel/ITPDCIAMAM2M?qs=/ha2pyFadujjHcVtjm63Kd7y8DOaP9k%2BU9CdK08QTTER5axG9D1vgw==

It is our understanding that we can use the same debugger & cable with the UP Squared board, however, I'm not able to get my PC (Windows 10) to recognize the board -- when I plug in the UP Squared board to my PC, there is no indication that the PC sees it (no "beep boop" from Windows, nothing changes in the device manager, etc).

I've tried all three USB 3 ports on the UP Squared board, and even the two USB 2 ports that are on the cable/dongle, but alas, no joy from any of these.

I am using the default BIOS that comes with the UP Squared board. Perhaps the BIOS doesn't support this...? Perhaps there's a hidden option somewhere in the BIOS that needs to be enabled...?

Has anyone had any success with using the Intel System Debugger and the special USB A-to-A cable with the UP Squared board?

Thank you for your time.

-Jon
2020/02/14

Comments

• garywgaryw New Member, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 27 admin

@JonS
    I didn't try Intel System Debug in Up squared, but maybe you can try to enable debug in BIOS.
    1. power on Up Squared and pressed del key to enter BIOS, password is passw0rd to turn on all BIOS setting.
    2. main -> CRB Setup -> CRB Advanced -> Debug Configuration
    you can give it a try to turn on kernel debug for WinDBG or other debug setting