This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

HDMI CEC

Did any of you HDMI CEC tested?
[kodi@upboard ~]$ sudo /opt/kodi/bin/cec-client
No device type given. Using 'recording device'
CEC Parser created - libCEC version 3.1.0
no serial port given. trying autodetect: FAILED
My TV and HDMI cable run with RPi without problems. I have also seen that UP Board makes the TV not on, what RPI do.

Is there a missing config, modprobe, bios setting ?

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Hi BReichert,

Unfortunately, after initial prototyping to implement the CEC functionality, we had to drop the feature from the UP board list due to hardware limitations in the SoC.

We are looking forward to include it in future versions and evaluating different options.

I am sorry about the inconvenience.
  • de Gier
    de Gier New Member Posts: 9
    This is kind of a letdown :angry: This information is no where to be found. In fact if I Google Up Board + HDMI-CEC I see loads of your website pages saying HDMI-CEC is integrated. Which it's not, so now I have no use for the board. Thanks.
  • Kenneth Coley
    Kenneth Coley New Member Posts: 37
    The intel processor has no CEC circuit. With that said, you could make a daughter card with a micro controller to process it but not sure how you would be able to tap into the signal on the HDMI connector.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    HDMI-CEC is already connected to MAX V CPLD; I haven't developed the CEC controller yet but will do it in the future (TBD ... probably end of 2016)

RTL development is a true engineering job, if someone in UP-community wants to develop a CEC controller + drivers, just let us know; all what is needed it to get an Altera MAX V CPLD DevKit and connect it to a PC/Linux; once this works, we can easily port this on UP-board.

You could sell this fw on UP-shop.

IF you are on hurry, you can get CEC adapter by pulse-eight.com