GPIO drivers for IoT

wim
wim New Member Posts: 2
I want to create an UWP app using GPIO in visual studio 2017,to communicate with parallel port (printer port) of our embedded board. As start I use the "helloBlinky" example. But this app can not find the GPIO controller. I have the UP Drivers installed. Step 1-3 OK, step 4 was not succesfully. Step 1 seems to contain the GPIO driver because there is a GPIO folder in the driver path. I have installed Win 10 IoT enterprise on my up board. Have anyone experience with this?. Where can I found more info? please help

Comments

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    You can use the GPIO SDK to link your embedded board
    please click the link below to download a SDK file
    GPIO SDK

please note: the SDK file is not UWP app
  • wim
    wim New Member Posts: 2
    Yes I had already found this example code, but my problem is to detect (rising/falling) edges of an input line. The frequency of my data is approx. 100khz-1Mhz, so polling is not an option. Is there an example of how to do this?
  • rogertsai(AAEON)
    wdej wrote:
    Yes I had already found this example code, but my problem is to detect (rising/falling) edges of an input line. The frequency of my data is approx. 100khz-1Mhz, so polling is not an option. Is there an example of how to do this?

unfortunately the SDK doesn’t support that kind of function...
  • RolandP
    RolandP New Member Posts: 6

@rogertsai(AAEON) said:
    You can use the GPIO SDK to link your embedded board
    please click the link below to download a SDK file
    GPIO SDK

please note: the SDK file is not UWP app

Hi Roger,

The aaeonFrameworkSetup zip file in the Hi-Safe driver is detected as containing 2 viruses: Trojan:Win32/Vagger!rfn and Trojan:Win32/Bitrep.A. Can you please host the clean files on the UP Squared downloads page?

Thanks,

Roland

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    edited May 2018

@RolandP said:
    Hi Roger,

The aaeonFrameworkSetup zip file in the Hi-Safe driver is detected as containing 2 viruses: Trojan:Win32/Vagger!rfn and Trojan:Win32/Bitrep.A. Can you please host the clean files on the UP Squared downloads page?

Thanks,

Roland

I share file on my onedrive. It's UP Squared SDK reuploaded.
    UP-APL01_20180525.zip

•  Connor Early
    Connor Early New Member Posts: 20

What if we want to use GPIOs with a UWP app?