Need WiFi driver for Win 10 on Up Core

Robert Shelton
Robert Shelton New Member Posts: 110
edited March 2018 in UP Core Windows

We need a working driver for the on-board WiFi / bluetooth on Up Core.

Someone claimed to have found a driver and submitted it for AAEON to post, but that user's account is "not found" on the Forum any longer. Unable to message him. The links in his post point to the Up site but are broken. Nothing is available in the Core Windows drivers download file.

Without the onboard WiFi working, the Core is of little value bc it has only one USB port. Try using Core on a portable touchscreen monitor (needs USB) and connecting to a WiFi network (needs USB) and using BT keyboard and moue (needs UB).

This should not have been released without working drivers for such a fundamental element. We need AAEON/Up/Emutex to help with this ASAP.

Comments

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin

Hi Robert,

Did you check the latest driver package? https://downloads.up-community.org/download/up2-windows-10-drivers/
    This is the new package which I asked our team to verify wifi compabilities after a lot of complaints from the forum.
    If it still doesn't work, let me know. I am going to kick........ >:)

• Robert Shelton

Hi Aling,

I downloaded the driver package again today. Am rebuilding my Core after the second corruption of the OS, and had lost the previous download when the Core corrupted. Today's download was the first time that I saw a file with all numbered sections included. Also substantially larger than previous files. Unfortunately I get an error when I run most of the driver updates: "AAEON DEV_2288 The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. the file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."s. I have not had time to figure out what this error indicates, other than guessing from the message that the file may be incomplete. I have had a lot of trouble with the downloads of this file right from the first time I tried.

Note that the sound card update did succeed, and I'm still working on the WiFi / BT.

Curiously I had the WiFi / BT starting to work before the Core corrupted this second time. BT barely worked, so I ended up disabling and using a BT dongle. WiFi was working. I think I may have downloaded the driver from Broadcom. I'm trying to figure out where I got it and what steps I took. Will post once I figure that out.

Tx,
    Robert

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin

Hi Robert,

Thanks for update. I will ask @rogertsai(AAEON) to look into the driver package again, and looking forward to your findings in wifi/bt.

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭

I didn't find any problem, Bluetooth headset (jaybird), Wifi network is working perfectly on my CORE

• Syna
    Syna New Member Posts: 2

WIFI is working well for me on my Up Core. Just read the ReadMe.txt file telling you that you have to copy file 43430r1nvram.txt in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ before installing the WIFI driver.
    But I still have bluetooth issues. I tried to connect a bluetooth keyboard and it doesn't work very well. It work a little just after configuring the bluetooth connexion but not after. I tried my keyboard on my Pc with a bluetooth key and it works very well.
    Can you help? :'(:'(:'(

• mrjonandrews
    mrjonandrews New Member Posts: 7

@Aling @rogertsai(AAEON) - Is this correct, that for UP Core you have to download the Windows 10 drivers for Up2 instead?

This seems weird???

I'm trying to use the current drivers on the Up Core Windows download page dated 20180131, but setup fails at step 1 - chipset, with a [String ID not found] error from the Intel x64 CherryTrail-T Driver Package.

Please help!

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭

@mrjonandrews said:
    @Aling @rogertsai(AAEON) - Is this correct, that for UP Core you have to download the Windows 10 drivers for Up2 instead?

This seems weird???

I'm trying to use the current drivers on the Up Core Windows download page dated 20180131, but setup fails at step 1 - chipset, with a [String ID not found] error from the Intel x64 CherryTrail-T Driver Package.

Please help!

Sorry, i don't get it. Why need to install UP2 driver? You should take a screenshot about the error on your UP CORE
    By the way, did you try to move entire WIN10_64 folder to desktop then try to install driver.

• mrjonandrews
    mrjonandrews New Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2018

@rogertsai(AAEON) said: Sorry, i don't get it. Why need to install UP2 driver?

Because that's what @Aling said to do in the 2nd reply above, posting a link to the UP2 drivers ;)

@Aling said: Did you check the latest driver package? https://downloads.up-community.org/download/up2-windows-10-drivers/

I've since found out what my problem was and posted about this here.
    https://forum.up-community.org/discussion/3017/something-to-watch-out-for-if-win-drivers-not-installing-properly#latest

It was to do with my mac corrupting the driver files on the usb stick! Mac users be warned.

• Robert Shelton

I've had the same issue reported y @Syna: built-in Bluetooth works for a very short period of time, then fails. I've experienced multiple instances of the device / OS corrupting, so have not used my Core for weeks now. Got tired of reloading Win 10 and apps, as whatever gets damaged is beyond the Windows recovery system's ability to fix. That said, last I was using the Core, I had to attach a USB hub to plug in WiFi and BT dongles in addition to the touch screen connection.