No boot, nothing happens...

Hello,

I received my UP Core today, so I wanted to first try it. I just connected a screen via HDMI and plugged the power supply. I think I should be able to see the UEFI menu. But nothing happens...

I tried to plug a mouse via USB to see if it gets powered, but still, nothing happens (the lights of the mouse don't light, so I think there is no power at all...)

Finally, I tried to click on the "power button", but it didn't change anything...

Am I missing something?

(just so you know, I bought the "UP CORE 4GB RAM/64GB eMMC starter pack" from Kickstarter)

Comments

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin

Please try to unplug the RTC battery for 10 sec and plug it back. In this case, the BIOS will get back to the factory setting. Hope it will solve the problem.
    ( if necessary, try other HDMI cable)

• xinouch
    xinouch New Member Posts: 2

I just tried it, unfortunately it didn't fix anything...

the HDMI cable and the mouse works well on other devices. I guess there is a problem with either the power supply or the UP Core...

Do you know how I can test the power supply? Is there any light on the motherboard to say that it is on?

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    edited January 2018

On UP Core, there is a blue LED, if the power goes through, you should see the LED on.
    If you still can not fix it, please contact shop@up-board.org for RMA by giving your Kickstarter backer ID.

• mrjonandrews
    mrjonandrews New Member Posts: 7

I've had exactly the same issue with a 4GB 64GB Up-Core board. No HDMI output and no LED's lighting up at all. Tried the battery reset without success. I'm trying now to return it to Mouser - hopefully I've just been unlucky, but there do seem to be quite a few people having similar issues on this forum doesn't there?

• jose_luis
    jose_luis New Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have the same problem: UP core, new, just nothing happens when 5V power connector is connected. No led, no hdmi output, no keyboard leds...etc. I have tried the power and cables in other devices, and they are ok. I unpluged the RTC battery for 10 sec and plug it back, but the same. I boutht it in TME. Any solutions?
    Thanks

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @mrjonandrews and @jose_luis

On the UP Core module the led is available only on the carrier board.
    If you tried different HDMI cables and monitors and it still doesn't work after applying this procedure: https://wiki.up-community.org/Not-Booting_or_Powering-Up

Please request a RMA from the shop you purchased the board.