Install ubilinux on an external sata3 hd ?

Fabio
Fabio New Member Posts: 22
Hello guys
I have installed windows 10 pro and unbutu on mmc 128GB and by pressing f7 I choose the boot system. I wanted to install ubilinux on an external hd sata3 but I can not. If I disable the MMC from bios and try to install ubilinux from usb on a hd sata3 the installation does not start.
Can you help me to install ubilinux on external hd sata3 without deleting windows 10 and unbutu on integrated mmc?
Thank you for your help

Comments

• eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin
    I couldn't tell; but, can you confirm you were success in installing Ubilinux onto the external SATA HDD?

That is an important question because by default, Ubilinux will ERASE everything on the eMMC drive when it is installed - not the SATA drive.

Let me try pulling down the latest version of Ubilinux and trying again.

If you were successful in installing Ubilinux, I suspect it erased your eMMC and installed onto the eMMC - not the external HDD.

That may be why when disabling the eMMC controller in the BIOS, you cannot boot into Ubilinux?

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!

• Fabio
    Hello @eduncan911 , I install Ubilinux use Ubilinux installer UEFI USB interactive and insert :
    1) Enter
    2 /dev/sda
    3) Enter
    4) Enter
    5) Enter
    6) Username
    7) Password

And press Enter for begin install

I now have on mmc Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu while on the external hd sata ubilinux
  • Fabio