Hardware failure!!!

Marcello
Marcello New Member Posts: 156
edited September 2016 in UP Board Linux
Hello, I have a number of UP boards and it looks like my latest 64/4 just failed pretty bad.
I left it happily compiling and when I came back a few hours later I found it at the grub screen. It cannot reboot even in failsafe and I see hardware issues reported - see picture attached.
I have not decoded the error codes but it does look pretty bad.
Bios is working but it looks like something goes wrong as soon as it leaves real mode.
Bios is the original one the board was shipped 1 week ago. Settings were also unchanged, but I tried resetting them to default just in case, to no avail.
More info:
[ul]
[li]It was running vanilla Ubuntu 16.04[/li]
[li]it was powered with the UP original power brick[/li]
[li]it has the active cooler installed[/li]
[li]only peripherals attached are USB keyboard,mouse and hdmi monitor, no gpio stuff or USB3[/li]
[li]it does not seem a MMC corruption issue as it does the same when booting from a USB stick[/li]
[/ul]
Any suggestion?
thank you

Comments

• Marcello
    @AAEON - If I decoded correctly the MCE code, the last byte points at Data Read and Instruction Fetch --> I assume RAM failure.
    Need assistance / guidance and potentially RMA. (Really pissed off I lost the image I was working on for several days)
  • Marcello
    MCE Decode
    Case 1: 0003
    0000 0000 0000 0011
    External error

Case 2: 0135
    000F 0001 RRRR TTLL
    0000 0001 0011 0101
    RRRR = DATA READ
    TT=DATA
    LL=LEVEL1

HUMAN TRANSLATION: DEAD

Going to request RMA now
  • DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Thanks for your detailed report MarcFinns, please request the RMA from the up-shop.

If you could include the information you collected in the RMA request it will be very helpful to our engineers.

Thanks!
  • Marcello
    dcleri wrote:
    Thanks for your detailed report MarcFinns, please request the RMA from the up-shop.

If you could include the information you collected in the RMA request it will be very helpful to our engineers.

Thanks!
    I did... I was not fast enough to make a clonezilla copy so I lost the image... too bad, a few more nights of hacking needed
  • Marcello
    dcleri wrote:

Thanks!
    Apparently the rma process is slower than the shipment... :(