No HDMI output after monitor power cycle

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2016 in UP Board Linux
Currently using Arch Linux & mainline 4.6 kernel. I could try one of the official prebuilt images, but I'm not sure if this is fixed by the patches.

My problem is, I've connected UP to a TV and it works as long as the TV is on, but if I turn off the TV, the HDMI signal is lost. I can jump to VT with ctrl-alt-f2 and get to the text mode and the picture comes back. Going back to X (ctrl-alt-f1) turns the screen again blank. There's no screensaver active. It's just dead. The same happens if I go to VT2 and shut down the TV, when I restart, VT2 is blank, but I can get back to X with a picture fully working. Restarting X or rebooting the machine resets the HDMI and it works again. Also if I connect UP to the TV via a receiver , switching the input from the receiver causes the HDMI output to disappear when switching back to UP. The receiver says 'no video input'. This is really annoying.

Any suggestions what I could do?

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options
    Hi Miasma,

With ubilinux v3.0 with 4.4 Linux Kernel we cannot experience this issue on the TVs we tested (LG and Samsung mainly).
    I would suggest you to try first the official distribution and see what happens.