What it the best way to install "UpFrameworkSetup.zip" for Windows 10 IoT Core?

jletbetter
jletbetter New Member Posts: 5

Hello. I recently installed the drivers from "UpFrameworkSetup.zip" into an Up^2 running Windows 10 IoT Core by copying the files over and running the following Powershell command.
devcon install \windows\system32\upframework.inf root\upframework
This resulted in the following warning which makes me wonder if this should be installed as part of the base image or using some other process? Thanks for any help you can offer.

********************************** WARNING **********************************
This Devcon command should only be used for development/testing purposes.
Driver package INF files should be added/updated into the offline OS image
using the supported offline package deployment process in order to ensure
that they are properly configured and integrated into the Windows OS state.
Updating driver package INF files from within the runtime environment of
this OS product may lead to unexpected OS state conflicts, resulting in the
inability to apply future updates to core OS components and/or drivers on
retail/consumer systems.
********************************** WARNING **********************************

Answers

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭

@jletbetter
    Don't worry about the WARNING message, it usually does. Plus, you could add the UpFramework to Windows 10 IoT Core with pnputil, as shown below. using SSH from my windows PC to IoTcore baord

• dirk_dedeur
    dirk_dedeur New Member Posts: 6

Hello, I'm new with Up Squared. I managed to create an ffu and to get it running on my device. Now i want to install the upframework to get all drivers running. I'm trying to find the UPFramework.inf in the download, but I only find the UPFramework.msi. Can you help me on this?

• TheZNerd
    TheZNerd New Member Posts: 30

@dirk_dedeur - I believe the files you're looking for will be under C:\Program Files (x86)\AAEON\UpFramework\x64 after you install the UPFramework.msi. Or you might possibly be able to extract the msi with 7-zip (I have not tested this)

• dirk_dedeur
    dirk_dedeur New Member Posts: 6

Thanks TheZNerd. That worked out fine! I could install de driver. Unfortinatly the app packages with examples are still delivering a black screen.... And how can you open these examples in visual studio? Anyone who can help me on this?