Problem with new UP2 Board with R2.2 firmware

Options

I just received my second UP2 board with the E3950. It has R2.2 firmware. I cannot enable console redirection. Under redirection tab, I can enable redirection and set port speed but port still shows disabled (even after reset). The lower option for Console Redirection serial Port for Out-of-Band Management does not appear as it did in previous version (which is on older board that I have). Console redirection is required for my application.

Answers

• camillus
    camillus Administrator, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 188 admin
    Options

Hi @VMSEAGLE ,

R2.2 is an old BIOS firmware, please update to latest BIOS. To do that you have to first update to R4.0 which you can find from here after that please update to latest BIOS R6.1

• VMSEAGLE
    VMSEAGLE New Member Posts: 27
    Options

Thanks. Will try this.

Question - "old firmware ?".

Date on setup scteen is 7/26/2021abd boot options do contain the option to set UEFI shell as a boot option. Other information is 2.18.1263, UEFI 2.5 PI 1.4.

• VMSEAGLE
    Options

Any additional information ?

The board I received is new. Only shipped this month. Release date says 7/26/2021.

I REQUIRE CONSOLE REDIRECTION.

I need to know how to enable this in this firmware version (or need one that allows this).

I CANNOT USE MY NEWLY PURCHASED BOARD UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED.

• VMSEAGLE
    Options

CONSOLE REDIRECTION IS REQUIRED.

It appears to be disabled in the newest firmware.

I CANNOT USE THE NEW BOARD JUST RECEIVED.

If this cannot be fixed, I must consider returning and halting work with your product.

• camillus
    Options

Hi @VMSEAGLE ,

I just saw you mean the UP Squared Pro, Yes the R2.2 is the latest BIOS, kindly disregard the R6.1, that is for UP Squared. Concerning the console redirection, I will check internally about this and get back to you soon.

• camillus
    Options

Hi @VMSEAGLE ,

Can you please tell me what BIOS version you have on the older board?

• VMSEAGLE
    Options

I will be sending you version information and screenshots to you directly.

• camillus
    Options

Hi @VMSEAGLE ,

Thanks, we have confirmed that console redirection COM0 was not enabled in BIOS R2.2 and have submited task to BIOS team to fix this in new BIOS release. When you mention BIOS version on your older board I will provide you a link with same BIOS and then you can flash it on your device.