UP Squared (UP2) - How to use exHAT's GPIOs ?

Options
tcouturier
tcouturier New Member Posts: 1

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to use the ExHat-60 Pin (the simpliest use of it) of the Up2 and I am kind of lost on what I need to do to control any of those Pin and turn on a LED for example.

I found info there : https://wiki.up-community.org/Pinout_UP2 to be able to use the 40-Pin HAT (not tested yet) but it does not seems as easy to use the exHAT Connector. (or I didn't get how to use the exHAT Pinout array)

If anyone can point me the right direction on which file to modify to add the exHAT-60 Pin spec (an equivalent to a board.h ?) or the library to download to use the exHAT, it would be appreciated.

Also If anyone succeded on how to use the exHAT, I am interested on How you did it.

Thanks to all who read this.

Thom

Comments

• deimos
    deimos New Member Posts: 12
    Options

I too really want to know how to do this!

• rameshgm81
    rameshgm81 New Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi All,
    I am working on UP2 with Ubuntu 18.04 by kernel update. The uname -a returns the following output
    $uname -a
    "Linux intel-UP-APL01 4.15.0-37-generic #40~upboard07-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 7 14:30:14 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"

$mraa-gpio list
    03 I2C_SDA: GPIO I2C
    05 I2C_SCL: GPIO I2C
    07 GPIO4: GPIO
    08 UART_TX: GPIO UART
    10 UART_RX: GPIO UART
    11 UART_RTS: GPIO UART
    12 I2S_CLK: GPIO
    13 GPIO27: GPIO
    15 GPIO22: GPIO
    16 PWM3: GPIO PWM
    18 GPIO24: GPIO
    19 SPI0_MOSI: GPIO SPI
    21 SPI0_MISO: GPIO SPI
    22 GPIO25: GPIO
    23 SPI0_CLK: GPIO SPI
    24 SPI0_CS0: GPIO SPI
    26 SPI0_CS1: GPIO SPI
    27 ID_SD: GPIO I2C
    28 ID_SC: GPIO I2C
    29 GPIO5: GPIO
    31 GPIO6: GPIO
    32 PWM0: GPIO PWM
    33 PWM1: GPIO PWM
    35 I2S_FRM: GPIO
    36 UART_CTS: GPIO UART
    37 GPIO26: GPIO
    38 I2S_DIN: GPIO
    40 I2S_DOUT: GPIO

I would like to know any sample program which can access GPIO pins. It will be very helpul if we could have LED blink program.

Request your help in this. Thank you very much in advance.

• Pratik_Kushwaha
    Pratik_Kushwaha Guest Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    Options

Please refer to this wiki page for libMRAA with sample Python scripts for accessing GPIO and LEDs
    https://github.com/up-board/up-community/wiki/MRAA

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options

the exHAT has not been enabled to be used out of the box, but only under specific project requests.

For normal use and development you have access to the standard 40pin as described in our wiki and libMRAA documentation.

If you need to use additional pins available on exHAT you can contact our shop/sales to discuss a new project.