M.2 SSD not detected when M.2 Wifi card installed

Hi,
I've been using an M.2 SSD in my Xtreme for a while, and it works great.
It is a Crucial MX500 500GB 2280, like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-MX500-500GB-2280SS-Internal/dp/B077SQ8J1V
It is installed in the M-keyed slot (CN4).

I recently bought the M.2 2230 Wifi Kit for the Xtreme from your shop:
https://up-shop.org/new-m-2-2230-wifi-kit-for-up-squared-up-xtreme.html
but when it is installed in the E-key slot (CN3), the Xtreme system no longer detects my SSD in CN4.

How do I fix this? I need to use both devices!

Thanks

Comments

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

@razor1000
    I didn't see any issues with CN3 and CN4 using Transcend TS64GMTS800(SSD SATA) + Intel 9260 Wifi Kit, both are working fine
    Please check your m.2 key connection , or try to use another brand or model of the m.2 storage card for connection

• razor1000
    razor1000 New Member Posts: 22

@rogertsai(AAEON) said:
    @razor1000
    I didn't see any issues with CN3 and CN4 using Transcend TS64GMTS800(SSD SATA) + Intel 9260 Wifi Kit, both are working fine
    Please check your m.2 key connection , or try to use another brand or model of the m.2 storage card for connection

Is there an official list of supported SSDs? I need something bigger than 64GB, and I don't have time to buy another set of drives and return them if they don't work.

• jayman
    jayman New Member Posts: 66 ✭✭

Are you sure it's not just a matter of inserting the cards correctly? Is this behavior fully repeatable? Every time you remove the M.2 SATA card, the M.2 Wi-Fi card will work, and every time you install the M.2 SATA card the M.2 Wi-Fi card will not be recognized? That really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I had a similar setup , albeit with a Wi-Fi card in the M.2 E-key slot, and an NVMe SSD (not SATA) in the M.2 M-key slot. They both worked fine no problem.

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭

@razor1000 said:
    Is there an official list of supported SSDs? I need something bigger than 64GB, and I don't have time to buy another set of drives and return them if they don't work.

Here's the SSD models we used in our M.2 2280 test
    1. Transcend TS32GMTS800
    2. Transcend TS64GMTS800
    3. Transcend TS128GMTS800
    4. Transcend TS256GMTS800

• razor1000

@jayman said:
    Are you sure it's not just a matter of inserting the cards correctly? Is this behavior fully repeatable? Every time you remove the M.2 SATA card, the M.2 Wi-Fi card will work, and every time you install the M.2 SATA card the M.2 Wi-Fi card will not be recognized? That really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I had a similar setup , albeit with a Wi-Fi card in the M.2 E-key slot, and an NVMe SSD (not SATA) in the M.2 M-key slot. They both worked fine no problem.

No, I haven't tried all the combinations, but the SSD model I'm using has worked fine in 3 different systems when installed all by itself, and when I tried both the official wifi card from Up, along with the SSD, it didn't show up as detected in the BIOS. When I removed the wifi card, the SSD showed up like normal. I have another wifi card (same model). Maybe I'll try that one and see if the same thing happens.

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @razor1000

What PSU are you using?

• razor1000

@DCleri said:
    Hi @razor1000

What PSU are you using?

I'm using the stock 19V power supply from the shop:
    https://up-shop.org/up-xtreme-power-supply.html