State after G3 settings is not behaving as expected: never remains off.

Options
amenon
amenon New Member Posts: 6

Hello Everybody!
I'm working with UP-CHT01-A22-0432-A11,
Hw rev 2.1 , bios ver UPC1DM21.

State after G3 set to S0. Behaviour:

• After a power failure, when power comes back the board correctly boot-up

State after G3 set to S5. Behaviour:

• After a power failure, when power comes back the board powers on (blue led ON and fan running), 3V and 5V present on pin header, most of peripherals powered, no boot-up until button is pressed. It never remains off.

I expected that after power fail, the board remains totally off, and when the switch is pressed it comes up and boots.

Am I wrong?
Did somebody else experiment the same behaviour?
Is it related to a specific UEFI BIOS version?
Is there any way to "trick" the behaviour and keep the board totally off after power fail?

NOTE: The same setting on UP-COREboard, instead, behaves differently and the board seems to remain off until button is pressed, that is what i need on UP-BOARD.

The scenario where the board should operate in my project requires that the board remains off (even if power is plugged) untile a control until somebody press the button.

Thanks a lot for the support.
Ale

Comments

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    Options

@amenon said:
    State after G3 set to S5. Behaviour:

• After a power failure, when power comes back the board powers on (blue led ON and fan running), 3V and 5V present on pin header, most of peripherals powered, no boot-up until button is pressed. It never remains off.

It's just normal. The UP board will power on on some connections when the electricity comes back on, e.g. LED, HAT40 (5V, 3.3V), CN7 USB 2.0 1x10P Wafer, because these connectors are provided directly from system power (5V DC in).
    So for State after G3 set to S5, it is impossible to completely power off the board.

• amenon
    amenon New Member Posts: 6
    Options

Thank you very much @rogertsai, but I still have a doubt.
    If as you said these voltages are directly provided from 5V DC in, why when I perform the shutdown from windows, these voltages are shut down, even with 5VDC voltage still present at input? Blue led goes off, fan turns off... ecc
    That means that they are not directly powered by the 5Vdc in. ?
    When the power get cycled the led is still on, fan on and the system remain in idle untile pressing the button again..

Best regards and thank you again!