No device audio - Up Core with Ubuntu 16.04

jcarlos7
jcarlos7 New Member Posts: 4

Hello

I installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my Up Core (4G, 64GB) following the steps listed in UpWiki, but issues with audio appears after installing kernel 4.15, here the steps I did and the problems with eachone:

1. Install Ubuntu 16.04 from a USB stick

• Ubuntu was succesfully intalled
    • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Audio no working
  2. Install Ampak firmware locally

• Wi-Fi working now
    • Bluetooth no device founded
    • Audio no device founded
  3. Fixing HDMI Audio as listed in UpWiki

• HDMI audio working now!
    • Only issue is Bluetooth can't be used

4 . Installing Ubuntu kernel 4.15 as listed in UpWiki
- Wi-Fi Ok
- Bluetooth is recognized and can see my bluetooth earphones
- Audio not working anymore, HDMI or Bluetooth, BT earphones conected but no audio output devide founded

1. Again, fixing HDMI Audio as listed in UpWiki
    • nothing happens, HDMI or BT audio no working, no audio device founded

Any ideas to fix the HDMI audio? Is posible to use BT earphones?

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• uscdadnyc
    uscdadnyc New Member Posts: 34 ✭✭

Probably No Help to you here. But I am using WIN10Pro 64bit on my UPCore 4GB ram 64GB eMMC. Had problems w/ BT and Audio on HDMI. Was able to solve problems by installing whatever UPCore drivers at UPsite. I know WIN10 is $199.00 (USD) and Ubuntu is Free(?) But consider the Adage(s): 1) Time vs. Money 2)Cost-Benefit Analysis. But2 if one of your aims is learn/use Linux/Ubuntu. Then enough Said.

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @jcarlos7

Please make sure to follow the steps as suggested in our wiki:

• Install Ubuntu
    • Remove old kernels
    • Add UP Kernel (reboot)
    • Install Wifi/BT deb package (reboot)
    • add Audio fix (reboot)

The system, including audio should work normally then. Sometimes you might need to click again on the audio control to enable/raise volume after the fix.

• jcarlos7

@DCleri said:
    Hi @jcarlos7

Please make sure to follow the steps as suggested in our wiki:

• Install Ubuntu
    • Remove old kernels
    • Add UP Kernel (reboot)
    • Install Wifi/BT deb package (reboot)
    • add Audio fix (reboot)

The system, including audio should work normally then. Sometimes you might need to click again on the audio control to enable/raise volume after the fix.

Thanks, I tried to follow the steps suggested in the wiki, but the first time after Ubuntu was succesful intalled the WiFi and BT were not working, so I installed Ampak firmware first and then remove old kernels and add Up Kernel.

So this time, trying to follow the steps suggested in order I did the follow :

• Make a clear Ubuntu installation (WiFi, BT and audio not working after Ubuntu was installed)
    • Remove old kernels

• When I try this: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubilinux/up I get the following: _ERROR: '~ubilinux' user or team does not exist _(I guess it is because the WiFi is not enabled)
    • As earlier step failed, I Add Up Kernel locally (btw, UpWiki says to download the Debian packages inside "linux-hwe - 4.15.0-37.40~upboard03", but it is not available, I downloaded instead packages inside "linux-hwe - 4.15.0-37.40~upboard06" which is the newer versión available)

• After local installation is finished the next appears: "Error were founded while processing: linux-headers-4.15.0-37-generic"
  • jcarlos7

Hi @uscdadnyc

you're right in all you said, the goal at this moment is to learn using the UpCore with Ubuntu, but thanks!

• DCleri
  • jcarlos7

Hi @DCleri

• Make a clear Ubuntu installation
    • Remove old generic kernels installed (Success!)
    • Install Up kernel locally

• Same errors appear: "Errors founded while processing: linux-headers-4.15.0-37-generic"
    • After reboot, checking the new kernel installed outputs this: Linux user-UP-CHCR1 4.15.0-37-generic #40~upboard06-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 27 11:29:44 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• Install Ampak firmware loccaly (Success!)
    • Fixing HDMI Audio (Success!)

Now I have Ubuntu 16.04 with Wi-Fi, HDMI Audio working fine. Bluetooth is recognized and I can pair my BT earphones, the only problem is the audio can't be output through the Bluetooth.

I try to install Blueman in order to use my BT earphones, but next errors appear:

blueman: gnome-icon-theme is not going to be installed
    linux-headers-4.15.0-37-generic : Depend: libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.0) but it is not installable
    E: Dependencies unfulfilled. Try "apt-get -f instal" without packages (or specify a solution)

Same header name in errors while installing Up kernel and Blueman, maybe BT Audio is not supported in Up Kernel?

I also tryied Ubuntu 18.04 with similar results

Thanks for your support

• jotarun
    jotarun New Member Posts: 2

linux-headers-4.15.0-37-generic : Depend: libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.0) but it is not installable

I'm having the same issue, I think on 18.04 you can solve it by install libssl1.1
    but it is not available on 16.04
    Need some official help here...

• DCleri

BT Audio is supported in the Kernel but on Ubuntu 16.04 the HFP profile seems not to work properly, but the Headset (stereo) profile works just fine.

I believe it depends on the version of the Bluez stack available on Ubuntu 16.04 as both the driver and peripherals are working with other profiles.