No device audio - Up Core with Ubuntu 16.04

jcarlos7jcarlos7 New Member Posts: 4

Hello

I installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my Up Core (4G, 64GB) following the steps listed in UpWiki, but issues with audio appears after installing kernel 4.15, here the steps I did and the problems with eachone:

1. Install Ubuntu 16.04 from a USB stick

• Ubuntu was succesfully intalled
    • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Audio no working
  2. Install Ampak firmware locally

• Wi-Fi working now
    • Bluetooth no device founded
    • Audio no device founded
  3. Fixing HDMI Audio as listed in UpWiki

• HDMI audio working now!
    • Only issue is Bluetooth can't be used

4 . Installing Ubuntu kernel 4.15 as listed in UpWiki
- Wi-Fi Ok
- Bluetooth is recognized and can see my bluetooth earphones
- Audio not working anymore, HDMI or Bluetooth, BT earphones conected but no audio output devide founded

1. Again, fixing HDMI Audio as listed in UpWiki
    • nothing happens, HDMI or BT audio no working, no audio device founded

Any ideas to fix the HDMI audio? Is posible to use BT earphones?

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• uscdadnycuscdadnyc New Member Posts: 33 ✭✭

Probably No Help to you here. But I am using WIN10Pro 64bit on my UPCore 4GB ram 64GB eMMC. Had problems w/ BT and Audio on HDMI. Was able to solve problems by installing whatever UPCore drivers at UPsite. I know WIN10 is $199.00 (USD) and Ubuntu is Free(?) But consider the Adage(s): 1) Time vs. Money 2)Cost-Benefit Analysis. But2 if one of your aims is learn/use Linux/Ubuntu. Then enough Said.

• DCleriDCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,000 admin

Hi @jcarlos7

Please make sure to follow the steps as suggested in our wiki:

• Install Ubuntu
    • Remove old kernels
    • Add UP Kernel (reboot)
    • Install Wifi/BT deb package (reboot)
    • add Audio fix (reboot)

The system, including audio should work normally then. Sometimes you might need to click again on the audio control to enable/raise volume after the fix.

• jcarlos7jcarlos7 New Member Posts: 4

@DCleri said:
    Hi @jcarlos7

Please make sure to follow the steps as suggested in our wiki:

• Install Ubuntu
    • Remove old kernels
    • Add UP Kernel (reboot)
    • Install Wifi/BT deb package (reboot)
    • add Audio fix (reboot)

The system, including audio should work normally then. Sometimes you might need to click again on the audio control to enable/raise volume after the fix.

Thanks, I tried to follow the steps suggested in the wiki, but the first time after Ubuntu was succesful intalled the WiFi and BT were not working, so I installed Ampak firmware first and then remove old kernels and add Up Kernel.

So this time, trying to follow the steps suggested in order I did the follow :

• Make a clear Ubuntu installation (WiFi, BT and audio not working after Ubuntu was installed)
    • Remove old kernels

• When I try this: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubilinux/up I get the following: _ERROR: '~ubilinux' user or team does not exist _(I guess it is because the WiFi is not enabled)
    • As earlier step failed, I Add Up Kernel locally (btw, UpWiki says to download the Debian packages inside "linux-hwe - 4.15.0-37.40~upboard03", but it is not available, I downloaded instead packages inside "linux-hwe - 4.15.0-37.40~upboard06" which is the newer versión available)

• After local installation is finished the next appears: "Error were founded while processing: linux-headers-4.15.0-37-generic"

Hi @uscdadnyc

you're right in all you said, the goal at this moment is to learn using the UpCore with Ubuntu, but thanks!

Hi @DCleri

• Make a clear Ubuntu installation
    • Remove old generic kernels installed (Success!)
    • Install Up kernel locally

• Same errors appear: "Errors founded while processing: linux-headers-4.15.0-37-generic"
    • After reboot, checking the new kernel installed outputs this: Linux user-UP-CHCR1 4.15.0-37-generic #40~upboard06-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 27 11:29:44 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• Install Ampak firmware loccaly (Success!)
    • Fixing HDMI Audio (Success!)

Now I have Ubuntu 16.04 with Wi-Fi, HDMI Audio working fine. Bluetooth is recognized and I can pair my BT earphones, the only problem is the audio can't be output through the Bluetooth.

I try to install Blueman in order to use my BT earphones, but next errors appear:

blueman: gnome-icon-theme is not going to be installed
    linux-headers-4.15.0-37-generic : Depend: libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.0) but it is not installable
    E: Dependencies unfulfilled. Try "apt-get -f instal" without packages (or specify a solution)

Same header name in errors while installing Up kernel and Blueman, maybe BT Audio is not supported in Up Kernel?

I also tryied Ubuntu 18.04 with similar results

Thanks for your support

• jotarunjotarun New Member Posts: 2

linux-headers-4.15.0-37-generic : Depend: libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.0) but it is not installable

I'm having the same issue, I think on 18.04 you can solve it by install libssl1.1
    but it is not available on 16.04
    Need some official help here...

BT Audio is supported in the Kernel but on Ubuntu 16.04 the HFP profile seems not to work properly, but the Headset (stereo) profile works just fine.

I believe it depends on the version of the Bluez stack available on Ubuntu 16.04 as both the driver and peripherals are working with other profiles.