Up Squared Flashing with eMMc

Options
cameronh
cameronh New Member Posts: 3

Hi I have been following this link to run Windows IoT Core on a Up Squared device.

I currently have the device running Windows IoT Core, but only via the usb stick. How do I install the Windows IoT Core Image from the usb stick to the eMMc so I don't need to run with the usb stick plugged in. Task 12 says to run the eMMC Installer script, but how do I run this from the Windows UI portal or via the computer's IP Address Portal.

Help would be much appreciated.

Answers

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options
  • cameronh
    cameronh New Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have also been following this installation tutorial, however it is different to the instructions shown in the Microsoft link.

This is what I have followed so far:

(1) Installed the Windows ADK
    (2) Run copype to create a working copy of the Windows PE files
    (3) Use MakeWinPEMedia with the /UFD option to format and install Windows
    PE to the USB flash drive
    (4) Called this command from my non UpSquared computer dism.exe /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"flash.ffu" /SkipPlatformCheck /ApplyDrive:\.\PhysicalDriveN. N = Usb Flash drive location.
    (5) Plugged the usb stick into the UpSquared SBC

I think I might have step 4 incorrect and I am only suppose to copy the flash.ffu to the flash drive and call (4) command on the UpSquared SBC.

Regards,

• ashwanimathur
    ashwanimathur New Member Posts: 2
    Options

Do the Step (5) before Step (4). UPS board will boot up WinPE environment from USB drive. On the command prompt enter "dism.exe" with arguments.