UPSquare additional HDD Hard Drive by SATA3

yunus_acz
yunus_acz New Member Posts: 17
edited February 2020 in UP Squared Linux

Hi all!

I have an UpSquare(aaeon) and my operating system in it is Ubuntu-16.04.
I want to add my UpSquare a new hard drive([seagate HDD]) via on SATA3 plug on UpSquare.

But when I tried to power my Hard Drive and plug in to UpSquare via on SATA3, I couldnt see my harddrive on Disks interface on Ubuntu. I also tried to change bios SATA enable/disable selections to enable but still nothing.

My question is that: How can I add an additional harddrive to my UpSquare via on SATA3?.

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Please make sure both SATA cable and SATA Power cable are connected.

If the disk was never used before, it is probably not formatted nor it has partitions.

I would suggest to install via apt the Gparted application and use that to select, partition and format the new disk.

• yunus_acz
    yunus_acz New Member Posts: 17

Thanks for your reply.

I can hear the motor voice of harddrive so I am sure about power cable but I dont know how to besure about SATA data cable because I dont see any harddrive when I used the ubuntu disks management interface.

I will try to format hard drive again but I dont think so the problem is about that. At least I expect that to see on my ubuntu there is a device connected to SATA plug.

On the other hand, by using bios I enabled all disabled selections of SATA parts.

Should I install something specifically to be able to use hard drive via on SATA? or should the upsquared detect automatically when the hard drive plugged upsquared?

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @yunus_acz

Make sure the SATA is set for the external port and not the mSATA port.

there is nothing else needed at OS level