UPSquare additional HDD Hard Drive by SATA3

Options
yunus_acz
yunus_acz New Member Posts: 17
edited February 2020 in UP Squared Linux

Hi all!

I have an UpSquare(aaeon) and my operating system in it is Ubuntu-16.04.
I want to add my UpSquare a new hard drive([seagate HDD]) via on SATA3 plug on UpSquare.

But when I tried to power my Hard Drive and plug in to UpSquare via on SATA3, I couldnt see my harddrive on Disks interface on Ubuntu. I also tried to change bios SATA enable/disable selections to enable but still nothing.

My question is that: How can I add an additional harddrive to my UpSquare via on SATA3?.

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options

Please make sure both SATA cable and SATA Power cable are connected.

If the disk was never used before, it is probably not formatted nor it has partitions.

I would suggest to install via apt the Gparted application and use that to select, partition and format the new disk.

• yunus_acz
    yunus_acz New Member Posts: 17
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

I can hear the motor voice of harddrive so I am sure about power cable but I dont know how to besure about SATA data cable because I dont see any harddrive when I used the ubuntu disks management interface.

I will try to format hard drive again but I dont think so the problem is about that. At least I expect that to see on my ubuntu there is a device connected to SATA plug.

On the other hand, by using bios I enabled all disabled selections of SATA parts.

Should I install something specifically to be able to use hard drive via on SATA? or should the upsquared detect automatically when the hard drive plugged upsquared?

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options

Hi @yunus_acz

Make sure the SATA is set for the external port and not the mSATA port.

there is nothing else needed at OS level