RE: Input Voltage Tolerances - What are the min and max voltages for this device?

Options

Hi, I know this is a 12V device, but what are the maximum and minimum voltages the device will operate with.

Could I use a 4S lithium polymer battery (min 12V max 16.8V) to drive the UP CORE PLUS directly?

Thanks

Answers

• Jason Schreiber
    Jason Schreiber New Member Posts: 18
    Options

any info available??

• Michael McCool
    Michael McCool New Member Posts: 19
    Options

I would NOT use a 4S Li-Ion battery. The upper voltage will likely be significantly outside the board tolerances.

A 3S Li-Ion seems to work. This swings between 9.9V and 12.6V. The upper voltage is only 5% over and this should be well within normal design tolerances. The board seems to also tolerate the lower voltage. I'm running an UP Core Plus off a 3S and so far have not had any problems.

Disclaimer: I am not an Aaeon employee, so take the above with a grain of salt. Also, if you see multiple versions of this post, my apologies, there were some issues with the forum making my posts disappear.

• rreignier
    rreignier New Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Options

Could someone from AAEON confirm the MAX input voltage of the Up Core Plus board?
    cc @DCleri

l would like to power it from a 15V USB-PD (Power Delivery) powerbank.
    The converters used seem to support such voltage but I am wondering if the capacitors handle such voltage.
    Thank you.

• Troy Lin
    Troy Lin Guest Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options

Hi All,

The voltage input tolerance for UP Core Plus board is 12V +-5% (up to 12.6V and 11.4V), the board will work normally within this power input range, if it is over or under, the board will not boot up but also will not get damaged as we have designed power protection circuit.

Thank you.

• rreignier
    rreignier New Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Troy Lin

Thanks a lot for your precise answer.