M.2 2230 WiFi/BT in the Up Square: success with Intel 7760 AC, failure with 8265

Mialaret
Mialaret New Member Posts: 33
edited June 2017 in UP Squared Windows
Has anybody successfully installed an M.2 2230 WiFi/BlueTooth kit in the Up Square ?

If so, was any change in the BIOS necessary ?

t have installed an Intel 8265 M.2 2230 adapter but it does not even appear in the devices manager.

I know for a fact that the card works, having tested it in my Dell XPS 15.

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Hi Cedric,

Which OS are you running on the UP Squared?
  • Michael Miller
    Michael Miller New Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2017
    I have installed a bluetooth/wifi 1630 card that I pulled from my dell laptop and it works fine with no setup under win 10.
  • Mialaret
    dcleri wrote:
    Hi Cedric,

Which OS are you running on the UP Squared?
    Hi,
    Windows 10 Pro latest
  • Mialaret
    edited June 2017
    The Intel 8265AC created problems with USB. I can only assume the Up Squared is maxxed out in its capacity usage, IRQ or PCI lane.

In the end, I swapped it out with my Dell XPS's older Intel AC7260.

The 7260 does work with the Up Square - sort of.
    No problem with WiFi or my BT keyboard.

Without antenna (my ipx connectors are too big) the Bluetooth reception is very limited, keyboard & mouse must be within 20-30cm of the card.
  • atmouse
    atmouse New Member Posts: 2
    The same issue here.

firmware: iwlwifi-8265-27.ucode

if first boot, the intel 8265 confirmed with lspci command output,
    but completely lost after reboot without disconnected power supply.
    them reboot again, it comes back.
  • atmouse
    atmouse New Member Posts: 2
    pass "reboot=efi" to kernel’s command-line parameters fix it
  • Kabuli Chana
    Kabuli Chana New Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2017
    Wondering if you are still on 4.12.x kernel with this working for you. With 4.13k I am not seeing the device anymore, and no errors generated.

Edit: The only consistent method I have found to get it seen is by removal of power, trying to force a cold reboot did not work:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="reboot=cold intel_iommu=on quiet splash"
    on Linux upyours 4.13.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 21 20:33:16 CEST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    somewhat annoying feature, did not notice this on 4.12.x but I may have just missed it occurring.
  • Kabuli Chana
    Kabuli Chana New Member Posts: 10
    I assume this is an issue of the BIOS and was wondering if you would expect it to be addressed in the next relase?
  • DCleri

Hi @Kabuli Chana

We are implementing a change for the next BIOS release which will add compatibility for Intel AC9260 and AX200, which might also improve the compatibility of older Intel WiFi module, but they haven't been test as we are currently supporting only the AC3165.

The new BIOS will be available in early January.

• DCleri

Hi All,

BIOS R5.0 for UP Squared has been released and it includes the necessary changes to support out of the box the Intel AC9260 and AX200 (the second one with mainline kernel 5.2+).

https://downloads.up-community.org/download/up-squared-uefi-bios-v5-0/

We haven't tested the older Intel WiFi Cards, except the 3165, but they should also benefit from the implemented changes.

• GuillaumeD
    GuillaumeD New Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2022

Hi, it seems the Bios V6.1 does not support Intel AC9260 anymore ?! Using Windows 10 Iot Core.
    I've just received a new Up Squared and Wifi Kit is not detected. No adapters.