up2 boots straight to BIOS

After trouble-free use for many months I accidentally trashed my ubuntu 16.04 o/s during an upgrade. So I followed these: https://wiki.up-community.org/Ubuntu instructions (3 times now) to install a brand new 18.04, all appears to go well with the install, except I get a few TIME & DEPEND lines: Timed out waiting for device dev-disk-by/blahblahblah & Dependency failed for /subiquity_config. Otherwise ok, but after removing the usb stick and power cycling the UP boots directly to the BIOS pwd prompt. BTW the bios offers 4 boot options: 1.Hard Disk, 2.USB, 3.Network 4.DVD. When I hit save&exit it just end up back at the BIOS pwd prompt. What's going on? How do I get my UP2 working again?
Thanks for your help.
Steve.

Comments

• fishb
    fishb New Member Posts: 9

Additional:
    Also noticed:
    [15.985875] EDAC pnd2: Failed to register device with error -22.
    During the install process, prior to [TIME] & [DEPEND] notices already mentioned.
    Hope this helps. Thanks again.

• ThomasSD
    ThomasSD New Member Posts: 2

Had the exact same problem, the solution for me was to restore the bios to default.

• eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin

And make sure you are using UEFI bootloader, not the Legacy/MBR bios for grub/systemd-boot during installing.

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!

• afreeland
    afreeland New Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2019

Woke up this morning and it looks like the device restarted and now loads straight to a BIOS password box (empty password) and goes straight to BIOS every time. I have restored BIOS to default but still boots straight to BIOS and no option to get to my ubuntu install.

I had installed Ubuntu 16.04 and followed the wiki...so hoping to not have to do that again as it wasnt super fun and required extra effort to get RetroPie working :sweat_smile:

@eduncan911 hoping you may have some thoughts/ideas?

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @afreeland

Can you please go in the BIOS and check:

• BIOS version
    • Boot menu options, which are available?