On delivery: No boot. Next steps?

This is a copy from post to question from 'scottie4442: I plugged video and power in and nothing'. As no answer/steps were posted I'll post it again as a separate discussion.

Does anybody else have same issues?

I waited several months to receive the Up Core Plus from Kickstarter and on the first try I just get a blue LED lighting and no other sign of life. (Connected the power supply as delivered alongside with the Up board and attached a display to the DP - pressing the power button shortly or longer does not help) At least I was expecting to see a kind of BIOS boot image or text, but nothing. Furthermore, is there any How-To or Wiki for the Core Plus? Can't find anything related or specific for the Plus, only for the 'old' Up Core... I also tried to remove and reattach the coin cell battery as suggested for the Up Core, but also without help, still same behavior.
Am I still missing something?

Would appreciate any pointers to debug/triage the issue. And please update the Wiki for Core Plus as well. Looks like I'm not the only one having such an issue (check post from scottie4442). Thanks

Comments

• SashaBe
    SashaBe New Member Posts: 15

Hello, @AndrejT
    If you still did not give up with Up Core Plus, I have had the same troubles with it, but it looks like the main reason was in DP-HDMI converter. Not all of them really work with Up Core Plus.
    Did you try the 'native' DP monitor? Any progress from you?

• AndrejT
    AndrejT New Member Posts: 5

Hi @SashaBe
    Haven't gave up with the Core Plus yet and honestly, haven't checked that forum since a while.
    Just found some time to start playing around with it again.
    Thanks a lot for the hint, you're absolutely right. At that time I did not had a monitor with a native DP port. Now I just tried it with a regular DP port cable to a DP monitor, and it works! (Just bought a new monitor recently, which actually has also a DP)
    Furthermore I got a DP to AVG adapter from a friend (out of curiosity), and now it also works with that one. Looks like it requires a active adapter, whereas I was using passive ones previously.
    Thanks a lot again, appreciated :smile: