Error: Secure Flash function is not supported on this file

datajerk
datajerk New Member Posts: 2

Trying to flash original upboard and I get "Error: Secure Flash function is not supported on this file". Zip: UPC1DM17.zip

Thanks.

Comments

• allakwea
    allakwea New Member Posts: 5

I have the same problem. up board 4/64
    It is also not clear whether the need to update. The current version of the bios 2.17.1249, and what current?

• allakwea
    allakwea New Member Posts: 5

By the default, board comes with a two-year BIOS. And will not be updated to 17 because of an error above.
    Solution
    Updates for version 15 passes.

temporarily posting here the 15th version for the needy, but in the current situation without giving a link, I do not give a solution.
    I hope the administration will forgive me.

I would like the link to version 15 to be in downloads. or corrected update error.

• PierreLouisK
    PierreLouisK New Member Posts: 2

Hello,

We also encounter the same issue "Error: Secure Flash function is not supported on this file" with the latest vesion (UPC1DM17).

Flashing with version 15 hopefully works. Was the issue signaled to UPboard?

Thanks and cheers,

• datajerk
    datajerk New Member Posts: 2

allakwea, thanks!

• Gunah
    Gunah New Member Posts: 2

I've running in to the same issues. but i have an older bios Version: UPC1BM0X
    But i can not found older bios version to update :( '15 is to new.

• Gunah
    Gunah New Member Posts: 2

nevermind - solved, dont use "blk1:", use always "fs1:"

• mw46d
    mw46d New Member Posts: 2

OK, thanks. I successfully upgraded from UPC1BM0T (06/16/2016) to the v15. So that step worked. But now, when I try to Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device, I simply get a Not found:-( So what's the next step??

• mw46d
    mw46d New Member Posts: 2

OK, don't push everything into sub directories;-)

• roar
    roar New Member Posts: 9

The fpt64_2.0.5.3107.efi tool in allakwea's attachment can be used to update the UP Board BIOS to any version you like. Managed to update from UPC1BM0X.bin (2016 BIOS image) to UPC1DM23_EFI (2021 BIOS image).

So, instead of using afuefix64.efi which gives error "Error: Secure Flash function is not supported on this file" like below command:
    afuefix64.efi UPC1DM23.BIN /B /P /N /R /X /REBOOT

You can copy the fpt64_2.0.5.3107.efi tool onto your USB and use that instead:
    fpt64_2.0.5.3107.efi -f UPC1DM23.BIN -y

You can also use the same tool to export your BIOS to .bin file for copying onto other UP Boards if you want particular BIOS settings for example BIOS watchdog setting enabled/disabled:
    fpt64_2.0.5.3107.efi -d backup.bin

• SeanI
    SeanI New Member Posts: 4

Tried to update my UPC1BMOS (2016) version to Version 15. Seemed ok during update but after it reset I cannot seen any output on the HDMI port anymore. So one sick UP Core.