DigitalPort video out

Hi,
Using the UP CORE PLUS video DP connector, it runs ok using a DP-DP cable, driving a pc DP video input monitor. But using a DP-HDMI active conversor cable, it doesn´t work. The cable is ok because it works from a DP video out PC to a HDMI video input monitor. Trying with another DP-HDMI video canversor cable (different manufacturer), and the same, it works ok betweeen pc and monitor but not between CORE PLUS DP video out and HDMI monitor.
Any help will be wellcome.
Thanks

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @Earsistemas

We have tested some DP to HDMI converters and they were working fine. Unfortunately we cannot try all the converters available so it might happen that some are not working.

Have you tried also with the same adapter a different monitor?

• Earsistemas
    Earsistemas New Member Posts: 27

Hi,
    yes we have tried 2 different DP to HDMI converter cables, and they work ok with different HDMI monitors and DP video sources. The only DP port they don´t work is the UP CORE PLUS DP port.

Please, could you tell me the DP to HDMI converters you tried and were fine?

One more question. In the UPC-PLUS Maker Board manual, in the DP port description, pin 14 and pin 15 are the same signal: DDI1_AUXP_C. Is that a mistake? We have tried to convert the DP video signal to HDMI video signal using the MAX9406 from Maxim, and it doesn´t work either.

At this moment, the only way to see video out from the UPC-PLUS is using a DP input video monitor and a cable DP-DP.

Thanks

• Earsistemas

The DP port, is it DP or DP++?

• SashaBe
    SashaBe New Member Posts: 15

The same issue, fortunately, we have got a DP input monitor, but it is not very comfortable.
    I'm trying to understand the possible reason for such behavior. Accidentally I have got disassembled DP-HDMI converter and probed some circuits by the oscilloscope and multimeter.
    At the moment I've investigated that DP_PWR, named +3.3V in the manual, provides 3.08V which still fits the tolerance of 3.3±10%.
    14 and 15 pins are not actually connected together, although the manual says they do.
    DDI1_HPD is 0 while the monitor is not connected, and becomes 1 when it was connected.

Looks like not enough data for any kind of findings, but maybe hardware developers could comment this.

• Earsistemas

Still waiting for an answer from UP!!

• DCleri

Hi @Earsistemas

This is the DP Connector:
    https://www.datasheets.com/en/details/3vd51203-d7jj-7h-foxconn-54317800

You can find the information on our User Manual:
    https://downloads.up-community.org/download/up-core-plus-users-manual-2nd-ed/

The Apollo Lake SoC family (N4200, N3350 and Atom E39XX series) supports DP 1.2

• Earsistemas

Hi Dcleri, please, one quick question.
    We have decided to use the eDP CN31 connector to display an LVDS screen, using the PTN3360 (eDP to LVDS adapter). But I don´t see any signals in the eDP conector. In BIOS, I have changed IGD boot type to "eDP", this is the only item to change about eDP I have found, but no signals at all in the eDP connector. What is the problem? Do I need an extra driver? Why no signals in the differential eDP pairs?
    Thanks

• Earsistemas

Still waiting for an answer from UP!!

• DCleri

You can use only the eDP screens with adapter provided in our shop (eDP display kit).
    Any other screen is not supported out of the box and it might require custom settings in the BIOS.

• lechau
    lechau New Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019

@DCleri said:
    You can use only the eDP screens with adapter provided in our shop (eDP display kit).
    Any other screen is not supported out of the box and it might require custom settings in the BIOS.

@DCleri : could you give the link to the kit, thanks. Search with "display kit" as keywords gave me only this as orderable right now but it seems not to be the kit you were talking about? https://up-shop.org/up-peripherals/10-lcd-touchscreen-display-kit-10.html?search_query=display+kit&results=3 And search with "eDP" as keyword returned only all the UP board variants as results.

• setilson
    setilson New Member Posts: 1

I am having the same issue here. I have tried two different DisplayPort to HDMI adapters (Insignia and Benfei), neither of which worked. I have tried HDMI input to multiple monitors. Can you please tell us what brands of DisplayPort to HDMI adapters work with the Up Core Plus?

• DCleri

You have to make sure it is an active adapter like this: Renkforce DisplayPort / HDMI Adapter with model number DP-UHDMF-A

We tested that model and it works fine.