Why fail Hi-Safe? Can I restore it?

Hello every one. I have a serious problem.
I'm using Up2 for artificial vision and controlling GPIO from my app. After a reboot, my inputs and outputs do not work anymore. And with Hi-Safe program I cannot access to GPIO.

What can I do? May be a bios problem??? Is there anything I can do on remote???

Thankyou in advance for your response. And sorry for my English

Answers

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭

@robe07
    The Hi-Safe is not supported on UP series, please go with the UP SDK below to get GPIO working.
    https://downloads.up-community.org/download/up-sdk-for-windows-10-and-windows-iot/

• robe07
    robe07 New Member Posts: 4

I think I do not explain well. I have been using AEEON_EAPI, AAEON_Hi_Safe and AAEON_SDK since 2018 in UP square (UPS-APLP4-A20-08128) windows 10, without problem. 9 or 10 Up2 working in several clients...right now I have one in my office with Hi-Safe, and I can manipulate the GPIO...

so I need a better solution please, and I do not want to change my code ( a code that we have been testing and we are using in actual clients since 2019.

Thanyou anyway but I think a need to speak by phone with technical support

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    edited November 2020

@robe07
    For UP series, the aaeonEAPI.dll (desktop app) is no longer supported in UPFramework. So, please use UpBridge.dll (UWP app) for your softwore. However, since Win10 have support for Desktop app loading windows universal component in Windows build 18309+ (19H1, version 1903), therefore, the easiest way to run the Upbridge dll is by updating your Windows 10 if you are using an older version of Windows 10.
    Here’s a microsoft sample shows you how to load windows universal component in desktop app.
    https://github.com/microsoft/RegFree_WinRT/tree/master/CS

I have also attached an example of desktop app with our GPIO SDK(UpBridge.dll) sample code for your reference. Hope it will be helpful to you.

• rogertsai(AAEON)

@robe07

For UP series, the aaeonEAPI.dll (desktop app) is no longer supported in UPFramework. So, please use UpBridge.dll (UWP app) for your softwore. However, since Win10 have support for Desktop app loading windows universal component in Windows build 18309+ (19H1, version 1903), therefore, the easiest way to run the Upbridge dll is by updating your Windows 10 if you are using an older version of Windows 10.

Here’s a microsoft sample shows you how to load windows universal component in desktop app.
    https://github.com/microsoft/RegFree_WinRT/tree/master/CS

I also attached an example of desktop app with our GPIO SDK(UpBridge.dll) sample code for your reference. Hope it will be helpful to you.

• robe07
    robe07 New Member Posts: 4

"For UP series, the aaeonEAPI.dll (desktop app) is no longer supported in UPFramework"....That's not a explanation. I would like to know why is not supported. And How can restored without change code...If I have to change code I will start trying other boards(not from AEEON of course).

• garyw
    garyw New Member, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 82 admin

@robe07
    The Up Framework supported EApi in Desktop app and UWP app, you can use your older aaeonEAPI.dll with Up Framework, the driver low level device name is the same aaeonEAPI.dll still can access to the driver, but if there are any bugs in aaeonEAPI.dll we won't fix it, we'll focus on UWP and windows Apis support in the future and we also suggestion user to move to UWP (windows runtime library) to have more libraries support in windows 10.