UP Xtreme with Net Plus hangs when trying to wake from Sleep or Hibernate

Options
jayman
jayman New Member Posts: 66 ✭✭

So after I connected a Net Plus card to my UP Xtreme I can no longer wake it from Sleep (S3) or Hibernate (S4). When I try to wake the system by pressing the power button, the power LED turns on and the fan speeds up, but the displays never turn on and the system never boots into Windows. I have to hold the power button to force the system to shut down, and then I can boot it up again.

When I remove the Net Plus card, wake from S3/S4 works correctly.

Anyone have that same experience? Is there a solution or workaround available?

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options

hello @jayman

I have noticed you opened another topic about it: https://forum.up-community.org/discussion/4362/wake-from-s3#latest

but on this one you mention that S3 is working for you (also S4), except when on Netplus, can you confirm it is the case?

Also does your Netplus use the external cable or just the 100pin?

• jayman
    Options

Yes, 2 different issues. Without Net Plus, I can resume from S3/S4, but only by pressing the power button, not by moving the mouse or hitting a key on the keyboard (which should be possible as well).

With Net Plus, the system hangs when resuming from S3/S4 (via pressing the power button) and requires a forced shutdown and full reboot. And yes, I do have the EEPROM cable connected.

PS: I also created another issue about SS not working on the Net Plus USB 3 port. It said that topic had to be approved by a moderator. Would you be so kind and post it for me please?

• jayman
    Options

Quick update on this issue...

So the original root cause for hanging on resume from S3/S4 was a bugcheck code 10 (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Bugcheck parameter 1 (which is the associated virtual memory address, in this case an I/O port) is shown as 0x3300. This address is owned by the PCI Express Downstream Switch Port on the Net Plus:

That matches my observation that the problem would go away when the Net Plus was disconnected, and would reappear when it was connected.

However, since then I had to re-install Windows on that system for unrelated reasons and after the fresh OS install the problem went away for good. That doesn't fully explain what caused this error in the first place, but I wanted to document my findings in case it helps someone else.