Kernel Patches

DonaldDonald Posts: 11New Member

So I can customize the the latest kernel released with ubilinux, but what I really need is a patchset for 4.14. I tried doing a format-patch from 4.9.45, but they don't cleanly apply to 4.14.
Is there any plans to release a 4.14 kernel or patchset

• Javier ArteagaJavier Arteaga Posts: 162Emutex mod

Hi Donald,

We haven't officially released patches beyond 4.10 yet, but we're aiming to update them as part of getting UP board support upstreamed.

Looking through GitHub, I can also see some rebased versions of the patchset floating around (e.g. I haven't personally tested these patches—they may or may not work as expected.

• DonaldDonald Posts: 11New Member

Would any of the changes made to the kernel in order to support up*, have negative affects on other hardware platforms. Can I safely support up* in a general distro kernel?

• Javier ArteagaJavier Arteaga Posts: 162Emutex mod
    edited January 24

The better part of our code changes would only apply when running on an UP platform. So far I haven't encounterd any issues whenever I've tested our ubilinux/Ubuntu kernels on non-UP platforms.

As mentioned before though we're still working towards upstreaming, and that means that if you do find any regression on a non-UP platform we will treat that as a bug to be fixed.

• chrissyhebchrissyheb Posts: 1New Member

Can you give an estimation when the patches for the upboards (especially up2 for me) will be integrated into the mainline kernel?