Community migration in progress. Please bear with us as we work through the migration.

BIOS V3.3 for UP Squared is released

AlingAling Posts: 437Administrator, AAEON admin

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 30New Member
    edited February 7

I updated to that version right now and i think my up squared is dead now. I get no video output anymore,the blue power LED is on.

What to do now?

Edit: Nevermind - i took about 5 reboots to get it back online. In case someone else has this problem.

• jnwcjnwc Posts: 2New Member

Hello. My BIOS is currently displaying Version 2.1. Is it safe to upgrade to 3.3 from 2.1?

• Javier ArteagaJavier Arteaga Posts: 152Emutex mod

Hi @jnwc,

It should be safe to upgrade from 2.1 to 3.3. (The only required intermediate upgrade that is documented is from BIOS 1.3 to BIOS 1.8.)

• jnwcjnwc Posts: 2New Member

@Javier Arteaga said:
    Hi @jnwc,

It should be safe to upgrade from 2.1 to 3.3. (The only required intermediate upgrade that is documented is from BIOS 1.3 to BIOS 1.8.)

Thanks Javier. I just wanted to double check before I accidentally bricked my board.

• bhaistybhaisty Posts: 2New Member

When upgrading to 3.3, I get a Warning: Not all of the file data will be written to flash because the file is longer than the flash area to be written to!
    File: "UPA1AM33.BIN:
    File Length: 16777216
    Write Length: 16773120

It finishes, and seemed to work. I installed the windows IOT fft on a USB stick and it worked for a few hours, but now it boots to the BIOS setup and I can't get past it. When I exit the BIOS, it restarts the BIOS setup again.

Any ideas?

• Javier ArteagaJavier Arteaga Posts: 152Emutex mod
    edited February 14

@bhaisty said:
    When upgrading to 3.3, I get a Warning: Not all of the file data will be written to flash because the file is longer than the flash area to be written to!
    File: "UPA1AM33.BIN:
    File Length: 16777216
    Write Length: 16773120
    It finishes, and seemed to work. I installed the windows IOT fft on a USB stick and it worked for a few hours, but now it boots to the BIOS setup and I can't get past it. When I exit the BIOS, it restarts the BIOS setup again.

Any ideas?

If you press F7 after boot (or enter the BIOS setup menu and navigate to the boot menu), can you still see your Windows boot stick listed there? If not, could you try with a different USB stick that's bootable? You can use any Windows install media or Linux distribution to test.

• LemmingOverlordLemmingOverlord Posts: 7New Member

I get the same issue as bhaisty. Upgrading from 2.1 to 3.3.

What is going on? Should I be worried it'll ruin the BIOS?