Anybody else getting a lot of crashes in Windows?

Options
2»

Comments

• Edward Thomas
    Edward Thomas New Member Posts: 20
    Options
    I finally have the board working but I'm not completely sure why. Aaeon sent me a clone image of a Windows 10 Pro system on the same board that was working. After some trials and tribulations getting the imaging installed (using some terrible software called Rufus), I finally got Windows 10 Pro booted up on the computer. It came over with just a generic VGA driver but I was able to finally work through the process of manually updating the graphics driver (automatic updating resulted in crashes) to the Intel HD driver and everything works now. Now why this method of installing windows worked whereas every normal method of doing didn't, I have no idea.

I did do one other thing during this process and that was to switch power supplies just for the heck of it, but I don't see how that could have caused the problems since the graphics driver update would not work with my bench power supply which has plenty of amps and the power supply I am using now has the same rating (although a different brand) as the first one. I do find that the requirement for a 6-amp power supply is unfortunately high. Most mini computers require a far less hefty power supply so I'm not sure why the UP2 requires so much more.

I haven't starting loading programs yet, just getting rid of MS junk, but so far things are looking good.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ed.
  • Robert Shelton
    Robert Shelton New Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi Ed,

Glad to hear you're having success. I dug thru my notes and bookmarks, but kept coming back to "something's wrong with the load image". Rufus is rough around the edges and painful to use, but it is the only software I've found that builds the UEFI loader correctly. I'm baffled that it's not actively supported, and that it still seems to be the recommended tool.

Robert