UP^2 Arch Linux Installation: Using UEFI Directly: efibootmgr example doesn't appear to work?

Options
smackoz
smackoz New Member Posts: 2
edited October 2018 in UP Squared Linux

Has anyone else run into problems here?
See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/EFISTUB

Using UEFI directly

efibootmgr

I found the example command for efibootmgr to be problematic. I couldn't get it to work for Arch Linux. After much trial and error the solution that actually worked is a follows. Compare the original command with the solution.

The original command...

# efibootmgr --disk /dev/sdX --part Y --create --label "Arch Linux" --loader /vmlinuz-linux --unicode 'root=PARTUUID=XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX rw initrd=\initramfs-linux.img' --verbose

Solution: Replacing the above command with...

# efibootmgr --disk /dev/sdX --part Y --create --label "Arch Linux" --loader /vmlinuz-linux --unicode 'root=/dev/sdX rw initrd=\initramfs-linux.img' --verbose

Where --disk /dev/sdX... is the EFI boot partition.
Where root=/dev/sdX... is the root partition of the Arch Linux installation.

Cheers
S Mack

Best Answer

Answers

• smackoz
    smackoz New Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks. Was wondering if I'd missed something or it was the flavour of these UP^2 boards.

Cheers
    S Mack

• gaborr
    gaborr New Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi smackoz and eduncan911: I hope you don't mind me not opening a new thread, could you let me know about your experience of running Arch on the up squared? Is there anything I need to pay attention to apart from those EFI boot parameters? Would you recommend this device for using with Arch?