Not able to boot USB drive

I recently received my Kickstarter UP Core but cannot get past the boot menu. It will ask for a password which I don't have and doesn't allow me to choose the boot device. My previous Up had no such issues.

So what is the boot password (I have tried upassw0rd as per the wiki)
How do I get it to boot from my USB drive?

Thanks in advance,
Bas.

Comments

• Nicola Lunghi
    Nicola Lunghi Emutex Posts: 131 mod
    Just press enter
    (no password needed)
  • Stunton
    Stunton New Member Posts: 2
    Hello there,
    I am not able to boot to USB drive too...

Not because I have problem with the empty password, but because I cannot select any USB drive into the BIOS.

The Up Core see: 2 USB Drive, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse, 1 HUB
    The two USB drives are bootable USB (work on many computers) but I do not see any BIOS entry to select it.

There is some BIOS manual?
  • Bas van Reeuwijk
    Bas van Reeuwijk New Member Posts: 2
    My problem was the result of me not looking at the details.
    The USB-drive needs to be formatted to FAT32 and have an MBR partition table.

This needed to be set correctly in the Rufus configuration.
  • Nicola Lunghi
    Nicola Lunghi Emutex Posts: 131 mod
    Hi
    to be able to boot an usb device from the UP core the usb disk should have EFI support.
    Please double check that your drive has an EFI partition otherwise it could not boot

Regards
  • Peter Berbec
    Peter Berbec New Member Posts: 17
    I was having this problem. Here are the Rufus settings that allowed me to boot a Windows 10 boot USB stick:
  • Dinty2000
    Dinty2000 New Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2017

I am having the same issue. I am using the official Microsoft installation USB Drive. I can select the boot device and it is recognized in BIOS, but it just takes me back to the shell when I save and exit.

• Brian Beuken
    Brian Beuken New Member Posts: 35

Im currently haveing a lot of issues with My Up Core board, in fact I think it may be faulty, I have not had any problem with getting it to boot from the USB, but it fails repeatedly to install Ubuntu. Throwing up errors and halting the process

The Ubilinux Os that is already on the memory is painful slow and does not seem to push the CPU beyond a few % of its capabilities even with updates it refuses build projects freezing constantly.

Is it possible to send my board back for a replacement?

• Brian Beuken
    Brian Beuken New Member Posts: 35

Admin, Can you please respond to my RMA request in the shop?