Trouble running System Studio Facial Recognition Demo

bortimus
bortimus New Member Posts: 3

Hey everyone,

I'm a noob, just trying out the UP^2 AI Vision Kit for the first time. My immediate goal is to build and run the System Studio Facial Recognition Demo.

Simple enough, right? Well the first thing I did was to accidentally delete the eMMC image that contained the OS and pre-configured tools. Add to that, that I am a hardware engineer and not a software engineer and you may be starting to understand the challenge that I face.

I've made good progress toward restoring what I think was on the eMMC. I've installed Ubuntu 16.04, with the modified UP kernel, OpenVINO toolkit, Docker, System Studio, following the instructions in the UP Wiki and other relevant resources.

I've been able to build the Facial Recognition Demo, but when I try to run it, I get a message saying that System Studio can't connect to the target. I was able to figure out that I had initially chosen the run option for a remote target, when my project is built on the local system. However, on correcting that and running for the local system I still get the error.

I know just enough about software to be a danger to myself and others. I've never used System Studio. I'm really out of my element here. If anyone has any advice I would be most grateful.

Comments