Give a name to next gen. UP Squared! Come to contribute!

Aling
Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
edited November 2018 in Welcome Developers!

Hi guys,

We are planning a new generation of UP Squared and we would like to launch it in a few months.

We have figured out a few names, and we would like to know how you think about it. For now, allow me to give the limited information about the product, but do not limit your creativity in giving it a cool name. Come to help us give a cool name to next gen. UP Squared.

Product info:
1. The size is very closed to UP Squared. 120x120mm
2. Based on 8th gen Core i CPU
3. Comprehensive I/O and expansion

Now Vote for it..or suggest something even cooler!

Give a name to next gen. UP Squared! Come to contribute! 34 votes

UP Squared X
29%
AlingVictor LaiJosef Rogovskyeduncan911yiyuxuJoshuaAdankomiocinovicPascalBRensWBenSpex 10 votes
UP Squared EX
2%
Kurt 1 vote
UP Squared Revolution
0%
UP Squared Titan
8%
johanlinPasbuyjdtsui 3 votes
UP Squared Quantum
8%
JennyChenZhijiexuKKC 3 votes
UP Squared Nitro
5%
Andrew HaysMarco Barbato 2 votes
UP Squared Xtreme
44%
DCleriMacMaximino ReyesFabrizioMarloTroy LinIreneLingarywXlopezNIC91630volkmarkaufmannGianclaudioCarlaPeterWRaji 15 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• Filippo Bellini
    Filippo Bellini Emutex Posts: 10 mod

How about UP2 neXt ?

• Kurt
    Kurt New Member Posts: 146 ✭✭
    UP Squared EX

Sort of hard to vote as don't know enough...
    Example is this a new product to live along side of the UP2 or a replacement? Is it compatible with UP2... That is are the IO pins the same, such that any shields or the like are compatible?

If this new also grew height wise, maybe Up Cubed?

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    UP Squared X

@Kurt said:
    Sort of hard to vote as don't know enough...
    Example is this a new product to live along side of the UP2 or a replacement? Is it compatible with UP2... That is are the IO pins the same, such that any shields or the like are compatible?

If this new also grew height wise, maybe Up Cubed?

This is a new product. Just like UP, UP Core, UP Squared, or UP Core Plus. It will be a line of UP family. Many I/Os are compatible to the previous version. So it will be great for people who require higher performance CPU. ...oh....am I saying too much? :open_mouth:

• Robvh
    Robvh New Member Posts: 1

It's different form factor than Up Squared, so don't call it Up Squared like in the poll.

What about:
    UP X
    UP PRO

• KKC
    KKC New Member Posts: 1
    UP Squared Quantum

How about "UP Penta"?

• wismont93
    wismont93 New Member Posts: 2

@Aling said:
    Hi guys,

We are planning a new generation of UP Squared and we would like to launch it in a few months.

We have figured out a few names, and we would like to know how you think about it. For now, allow me to give the limited information about the product, but do not limit your creativity in giving it a cool name. Come to help us give a cool name to next gen. UP Squared.

Product info:
    1. The size is very closed to UP Squared. 120x120mm
    2. Based on 8th gen Core i CPU
    3. Comprehensive I/O and expansion

Now Vote for it..or suggest something even cooler!

Hi - how do you like UP2 neo? PS: I don't think the new UP2 board is extreme or so! I think "neo" describes it better.

• wismont93
    wismont93 New Member Posts: 2

Tagged