Problem with Real time Kernel (Debian Stretch + Linux Mint 18)

Peter
Peter New Member Posts: 6
I try to set up a cnc machine with an upboard. i've installed Debian Stretch with RT Kernel:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/testing-stretch-rtpreempt/
( linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-amd64-r8.iso )

installation is no problem, the stretch setup is able to find the internel EMMC. but if the machine is running a view minutes the mousepointer freezes. The system is hangig. if this happen i have to unplug the power connector.

i've installed linux mint 18.1 also. this is running stable. i've compiled RT kernel and build linuxcnc from the sources. this will run better than the stretch version. but after some time it crashes also. i turned of all options in the efi menue regarding clock turbo, power savings etc. this makes the situation better (with mint, with stretch i crashes also often) but after some hours the system freezes again.

what can i do?

BR

Peter

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Hello Peter,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Unfortunately Real Time kernels have not been tested on UP Board and they are not officially supported.

If you could provide more information/logs about the freezes we could try to help you identify the issue.
  • Lubo
    Lubo New Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    dcleri wrote:
    Hello Peter,
    Unfortunately Real Time kernels have not been tested on UP Board and they are not officially supported.
    Hello. Is there plan to support it ? It would be really useful to have option. It will open space to use upboards in real time applications area....
  • ricpet
    ricpet New Member Posts: 1

Hi, I would like to know if there is any update about RT kernels and UP boards? Are they supported now? I am running the Ubuntu 16.04 Server Image.
    thanks!