up squared shut down easily during running Realsense D435

absorbraver
absorbraver New Member Posts: 3

I am using intel Realsense camera D435 in ROS in an up squared, but every time I do downsampling with point cloud or even just run the tutorial from realsense2-camera, the up squared used up CPU computation easily and shut down suddenly. why, could you please help me, thank you.

Comments

• eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin

@absorbraver said:
    I am using intel Realsense camera D435 in ROS in an up squared, but every time I do downsampling with point cloud or even just run the tutorial from realsense2-camera, the up squared used up CPU computation easily and shut down suddenly. why, could you please help me, thank you.

What exact model and rating is the power supply that you are using?

What you describe usually indicates a poor PSU. I know by experience that just because a PSU says it is 5 Amps, that it really isn't and fails with just 1 amp or even less. There are so many fakes out there.

Personally, I only use the PSUs from UP's shop now as I can't find a better source

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!

• absorbraver
    absorbraver New Member Posts: 3

@eduncan911 said:

@absorbraver said:

What you describe usually indicates a poor PSU. I know by experience that just because a PSU says it is 5 Amps, that it really isn't and fails with just 1 amp or even less. There are so many fakes out there.

Personally, I only use the PSUs from UP's shop now as I can't find a better source

My PSU is 5V/3A, maybe it's the problem, thank you for your advice, I will buy a new power supply unit with 4A.

• eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin

@absorbraver said:

@eduncan911 said:

@absorbraver said:

My PSU is 5V/3A, maybe it's the problem, thank you for your advice, I will buy a new power supply unit with 4A.

UP Squared recommends a 6A power supply. This is the only one I use now:

https://up-shop.org/up-peripherals/126-up-squared-power-supply-5v6a.html

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!