Slow speed with AWUS036ACH USB WiFi Adapter

ReNNo
ReNNo New Member Posts: 2

Hi,
I'm using AWUS036ACH USB WiFi Adapter with aircrack-ng/rtl8812au drivers and my speed varies between 60 and 100Mbits/sec. No matter if I connect this adapter to USB2.0 or USB3.0 I get similar speed. (by checking USB ports it says that device operates at 5000M)

When connecting the same adapter to my laptop I get speeds between 350-400Mbits/sec.
Same drivers and same Ubuntu 16.04 used.

Any idea why Intel UP is lowering speed of this USB WiFi adapter?

Comments

• eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin

@ReNNo said:
    Hi,
    I'm using AWUS036ACH USB WiFi Adapter with aircrack-ng/rtl8812au drivers and my speed varies between 60 and 100Mbits/sec. No matter if I connect this adapter to USB2.0 or USB3.0 I get similar speed. (by checking USB ports it says that device operates at 5000M)

When connecting the same adapter to my laptop I get speeds between 350-400Mbits/sec.
    Same drivers and same Ubuntu 16.04 used.

Any idea why Intel UP is lowering speed of this USB WiFi adapter?

What USB3 cable are you using? Some have reported poor speeds with aftermarket adapters from Amazon or alike.

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!

• ReNNo
    ReNNo New Member Posts: 2

Hi @eduncan911 ,

I tried original cable that comes with AWUS036ACH in combination with THIS adapter that comes with Intel Up Board.
    Also tried other USB3.0 cable that comes with R200 camera and I'm getting the same results.

Even USB2.0 should give higher speeds than 60-100Mbits/sec, but I'm getting the same results.