I found a working Windows 10 WiFi driver

Maarten
Maarten New Member Posts: 7
edited November 2017 in UP Core Windows
The drivers given by Up Core caused an error 10. All other drivers (which installed) gave me an error 48. So I searched for it myself.

Download
The following driver works for me:
Link

I got it from here:
Microsoft®Update-catalogus

It's the one called 'Windows 10 and Later Servicing Drivers for testing,Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Later Servicing Drivers', version 1.596.12.1 and is 1.2MB in size.
The 1.596.10.0 did not work for me btw. The newest 1.596.19.2 also does not work. I haven't tested the 1.569.0.0. It might also dependent on your Windows 10 version.

The Windows 10 version I use is:
[ul]
[li]Windows 10 Pro 64 bit[/li]
[li]Version 1709[/li]
[li]Build number 16299.64[/li]
[/ul]
Keep in mind that WiFi reception is abysmal without an antenna. I already anticipated that so I bought a few of these from AliExpress.

Being only 2.4GHz and 802.11n it is of course not really something to write home about. Though my smartphone doesn't get much better results over 2.4GHz here. It is tested on a 802.11ac router on a different floor. So I think you should get 20-30Mb/s easily with a better connection:
6832940918.png

How to install the driver (.cab file)
To install right click on your Windows start button and select 'device manager'.
Then either find the unknown 'Generic SDIO Device' or (if you already installed an other driver) "Broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO Adapter". Right click and click 'Update Driver Software...'
Then choose the second option to browse for a driver locally. Finally set the location to the downloaded .cab file and press the Next button. A .cab file is like a .zip or .rar file so I unzipped the .cab file beforehand with WinRAR. [strike]I don't know if this is necessary.[/strike] Just tested it and you have to unzip the files out of the .cab file.

Comments