This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

Inoperable Up System Inquiry

Hi,
I hope you are doing well.
I am writing because the UP System I recently received 4x USBs 2.0 are inoperable, not responding to external devices, such as the mouse, keyboard, or bootable drive properly.
I tried earnestly to evaluate the Up System, however the device has not generated the proper response. Without opening the device up, I am not sure if what is causing the issue and/or if the Up System was delivered in this state.
Is there another approach to generate a response? What are my options?
Thanks so much for your time in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• Cha Lu
    Cha Lu New Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I hope you are doing well.
    I am writing because the UP System I recently received 4x USBs 2.0 are inoperable, not responding to external devices, such as the mouse, keyboard, or bootable drive properly.
    I tried earnestly to evaluate the Up System, however the device has not generated the proper response. Without opening the device up, I am not sure what is causing the issue and/or if the Up System was delivered in this state.
    Is there another approach to generate a response? What are my options?

Thanks so much for your time in advance!
  • Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin

Hi,

It sounds very strange. Did you install any OS already?
    The fast way to verify if the USB ports are defective is to connect your USB keyboard and hit “delete” during BIOS booting process. If it can bring you to BIOS and you can also select BIOS option, it means the USB ports are fine.

• Cha Lu
    Cha Lu New Member Posts: 3

Hi Aling, thank you for your response. I am not able to install an OS or bring up the BIOS because the USB for keyboard connectivity does not light-up or respond at all, unfortunately. I believe the USB ports are inoperable. Do you have maybe a different solution? I appreciate your assistance. Thank you again.

Tagged