WiFi adapter/drivers doesn't work UP Core Win10

2»

Comments

• Thomas Hall
    Thomas Hall New Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2017
    Fleximex wrote:
    [strike]I have got it working and submitted a topic (awaiting moderator approval). Will add a link in this post when the topic is up.[/strike]
    Here it is:
    I found a working Windows 10 WiFi driver

[strike]Wow, you absolute legend :woohoo: !!! Let me try this out immediately! Cheers, Tom
    [/strike]
    This works! B)
  • Thomas Hall
    Thomas Hall New Member Posts: 32
    Fleximex wrote:
    [strike]I have got it working and submitted a topic (awaiting moderator approval). Will add a link in this post when the topic is up.[/strike]
    Here it is:

This WORKED for me. UP team, please take note and thank Fleximex appropriately for doing your job!
  • Robert Shelton
    Robert Shelton New Member Posts: 110

@Maarten please check the link in your post. I get an error 404 when attempting to open.

• Robert Shelton

@Fleximex please check the link in your post. I get an error 404 when attempting to open either of the posts containing the link.

• Robert Shelton

Finally have the built-in WiFi working, with thanks to the parallel post with driver links. I had to extract the .cab file, but the process worked!

Now... bluetooth! Several folks on this thread indicated success with the AAEON-supplied setup.exe from the Win10 drivers download. I have installed multiple times using setup.exe. My machine crashes with a blue screen within seconds, and always recovers with the BT driver not installed (i.e. back to 4 unknown device entries, and the new "Bluetooth Radio" entry is gone. Any ideas?

• Robert Shelton

Re-discovery: having a BT usb dongle plugged in when starting up the internal BT causes blue screens. I vaguely recall problems with adding a new BT device while using keyboard/mouse attached to an existing BT device. Should have remembered the driver conflict issue. :(

Once I removed the usb dongle, the Core stopped blue-screening. The internal BT device went ative in Device Manager, but BT did not work correctly. Same mouse and keyboard I'd been using on the dongle failed to connect. I removed and reinstalled multiple times / various ways, and finally got the keyboard to connect (thought keys were not recognized). The mouse worked only intermittantly. I ended up disabling the internal "Bluetooth Radio" device and plugging in the USB dongle again, but the mouse and keyboard problems persist.

Headed for the web only to discover that, In the blue screen scycles, my Core appears to have corrupted a second time. All Chrome extension post errors in the notification area as the system starts up, and Chrome cannot view any web sites when I pull it up. When I attempt to uninstall Chrome, I get an error that I have to close all Chrome windows before proceeding. Problem is, Chrome is being started by the uninstall process, not by me. Infinite loop.

• rathersultanali
    rathersultanali New Member Posts: 3

@Maarten said:
    Here it is:

Please provide the link again.

• rathersultanali

@Thomas Hall said:
    Fleximex wrote:

Here it is:

This WORKED for me. UP team, please take note and thank Fleximex appropriately for doing your job!

Where is the link??????

• rathersultanali

@Thomas Hall said:
    Fleximex wrote:

Here it is:

I'm getting 404 error!

• hrd
    hrd New Member Posts: 1

Hello, I came here looking for the solution and I found it.
    The link to the Fleximex post is down because it was temporary, after much testing I found that this is the link that works.
    Greetings.

https://forum.up-community.org/discussion/2492