Windows 10 - USB External Hard Disk problems

deesko
deesko New Member Posts: 5
Hello.

I'm having problems using any usb external hard disk connected to the board, both externally powered or not, and what happens is that upon usage of the drive (I mean, not only standing there idle), it randomly reboots the machine without even a warning. It just reboots displaying no error message or whatnot.

I've seen this happening with different drives that work fine in other machines, so I'm certain it isn't related to the drives themselves.

I've installed all the windows drivers provided, but there's always device manager complaining about 3 unknown devices:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AAA&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_0B\3&11583659&0&A9

ACPI\INT3512\4&28CFC893&0

ACPI\INT3511\4&14C878F8&0

Since 8086 is Intel vendor, I've installed Intel's tools to diagnose the missing driver(s), but it finds nothing...

Does anyone have the same problems as I have, and has any of you a solution for this?

Many thanks

Comments

• deesko
    deesko New Member Posts: 5
    Really?

Is this happening just to me?
  • rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    Hi

please click on the link below to download and install the HSUART driver for INT3512and IN3512
    Regarding to "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AAA&SUBSYS_72708086" about the USB OTG Controller, and the driver has not yet released by intel
    UP Squared Windows 10 Driver

Note: The windows driver we will update in the near future
  • Lorein Watson
    Lorein Watson New Member Posts: 2
    I was also struggling with the same issue my USB drive was not showing in Windows 10 operating system, I checked the drivers and update them but nothing works. And my USB drive is being detected on another computer but not showing my Windows 10 PC.

I searched in Google for the valid solution and found an article where the given solution helped me out. Here I am giving the link, check it if this work in your case.

www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/resolve-usb-drives-not-showing-windows-10

Good Luck!!!
  • Jade87
    Jade87 New Member Posts: 3

Hi, I have this problem too and I do not know how to solve it.

I installed Windows 10 Pro on UP2 SQUARED and all the drivers you have made available on your site. The board has no problem until I plug a USB device into port 3.0. The board starts to reboot randomly until I eject the USB device.
    In device management are two unknown devices:

1. USB Controller PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_5AAA & SUBSYS_72708086 & REV_0B \ 3 & 11583659 & 0 & A9
    2. Multimedia audio controller PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_5A98 & SUBSYS_72708086 & REV_0B \ 3 & 11583659 & 0 & A9

Are these drivers available today?
    If they are not available how can I solve the problem?

• 王奕能
    王奕能 New Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018

For {ACPI\INT3512\4&28CFC893&0 | ACPI\INT3511\4&14C878F8&0}:
    Download HSUART driver from https://downloads.up-community.org/download/up2-windows-10-drivers/
    Install HSUART driver for UP2 and **REBOOT **is required.

For {Multimedia audio controller}: Enter BIOS setup
    Chipset | South Bridge | HD-Audio Configuration | HD-Audio DSP [Disable]

For {USB Controller}: It's about BISO CRB Setup
    Main | CRB Setup CRB Chipset | South Cluster Configuration | USB Configuration | XDCI Support [Disable]

If CRB setup can not be entered, just let it be. Because CRB is a mechanism for BIOS debug, it is not related to your device operation.