This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

mini-PCI-Express x1 "fdisk -l" don't see it.

Raymond Day
Raymond Day New Member Posts: 67
Got some sort of RAM or Flash ram a wile ago and seen if it fits in the Up Squared board I have. It does. I had to take off the case to fit it because it's to long.

Got this photo of it.

I don't even remember what size it is. It be neat if can get it to see it.

Any thing wrong with this besides being to long. It fix in it and still runs with it but just don't see it.

I felt it and it's not getting hot at all so it must be plug in right.

If you want to see a bigger photo of this https://photos.app.goo.gl/i9x9MqgFiea9ddKf1I uploaded it to my Google photos here.

-Raymond Day

Comments

• eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin
    Did you change the mPCIe slot in the BIOS from "mPCIe" to "mSATA"?

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!

• Raymond Day
    Raymond Day New Member Posts: 67
    No I did not do that. So you can not have both of them on then I guess. Have to have "mPCIe" or "mSATA". I do have a SATA 500GB hard drive on it now. It works. I will have to test for "mPCIe" Thank you. I guess that's it have to go in the BIOS.

-Raymond Day
  • eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin
    The mPCIe slot can only fit one device. :) With the way the BIOS is written, whichever you install (mSATA drive, or mPCIe device), you'll need to go into the BIOS and switch to whichever you use.

The onboard SATA port works independently. So you're 500GB should be just fine, with the mSATA drive installed as well. :)

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!

• LemmingOverlord
    LemmingOverlord New Member Posts: 10

I think that's a miniPCIe SSD from an Asus eeePC (16GB, I believe). Don't expect much performance out of this, tho'