This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

Problem connecting an arduino to an up-board

Options

Hi, I've tried to connect an arduino through an usb port to the up-board. The up-board could localise the arduino on the com port but I could not transfer programs to the arduino? Can anybody help?

Thanks

Answers

• Javier Arteaga
    Javier Arteaga Emutex Posts: 163 mod
    Options

Hi,

Can you see any error message when trying to upload? Could you provide some extra information on your setup (operating system, version of the Arduino environment...)?

Thanks!

• ck_3dcs
    ck_3dcs New Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi,

thanks for responding.
    The up-board runs windows 10 pro 64bit -

I try to use Arduino Micro and have installed the Arduino IDE 1.8.5 - I've selected under tools the board: Arduino/Genuino micro, Port: Com1 (is the only one to choose) and as programmer: AVRISP mkll. The Arduino is connected with an USB port to the up-board.

This is the error message I receive when I upload the blink program:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Micro"

Der Sketch verwendet 4130 Bytes (14%) des Programmspeicherplatzes. Das Maximum sind 28672 Bytes.
    Globale Variablen verwenden 149 Bytes (5%) des dynamischen Speichers, 2411 Bytes für lokale Variablen verbleiben. Das Maximum sind 2560 Bytes.

avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
    Problem beim Hochladen auf das Board. Hilfestellung dazu unter http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload.
    Found programmer: Id = "þ"; type = ¸
    Software Version = h.

Thanks for your help!

• Kurt
    Kurt New Member Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Options

Are you using the upload command or upload using programmer? I am wondering as you mentioned the Arduino/Genuino Micro.

Is your board an actual Arduino Micro or some clone? I don't actually have any of these? Have several other types... I tried selecting this type and did not see any other options (like voltage or CPU speed or...), or I would have asked if you verified yours matched...

Note: I run my up boards using Ubuntu.. But I am running my PC here using Windows 10 64 bit.

Other things to try/verify: Make sure you don't have any other windows open on the Com port.

Make sure the Driver was properly installed for the board? https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoLeonardoMicro. Not sure if special driver is needed on Windows 10 as Windows 10 has better USB Serial support than previous versions. But if I were you I would verify that the Arduino shows up in the Device Manager with a proper driver.

• ck_3dcs
    ck_3dcs New Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Kurt,

thanks for your help! I downloaded the IDE app for windows 10 and finally it worked! It is very funny that with the desktop version IDE it did not work.

Thanks
    Christof