No HDMI output

Options
heinedej
heinedej New Member Posts: 2

I am wondering whether someone else may have had a similar experience with an UP board. Following is the description of the problem as I entered it on a RMA request. I was advised to check here.

This board recently started rebooting for no apparent reason and also started experiencing regular freezing when all that helped was to remove the power and plug it in again. I upgraded the bios a few days ago hoping that it may improve the situation, but it actually seemed worse after the upgrade. I decided to reinstall the operating system after noticing that there is a new release (4) of ubulinx available. The first two attempts started the installation process and then failed. After this, I recreated the USB drive with ubilinux 3 as I though there may a problem with the image I had. At this point, it took about an hour for the board to output anything to HDMI, I tried connecting it to out TV and tried again and it also took what felt like forever before it would resent any output. I return to my study, plugged in the power and display and even after leaving it powered on overnight, there is still video output. The blue light is on and the fan is spinning, but nothing more seem to happen. I plugged the monitor back into my Intel NUC and confirmed that it (the monitor) works.

Many thanks,
Heine

Answers

• Javier Arteaga
    Javier Arteaga Emutex Posts: 163 mod
    Options

Hi Heine,

Few questions:

• Did the HDMI output issues only happen after you upgraded the BIOS and reinstalled the OS?
    • Are you plugging the HDMI cable before or after you power on the board?

@heinedej said:
    I tried connecting it to out TV and tried again and it also took what felt like forever before it would resent any output.

• By forever, do you mean that it takes a long time to display HDMI output on your TV, or that it didn't work at all on both displays?

Thanks!

• heinedej
    heinedej New Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Javier,

I did not realize that no email is sent when somebody responds to a post. Sorry about that.

Just before giving up and dumping the board in the trash can, I noticed someone mentioned removing the battery connection for a while and then connecting it again. I tried this and for whatever reason the board is usable again. I do still experience random freezing using libreelec. I intend to install Ubuntu and try for a few days.

Kind Regards,
    Heine