How to get MIPI CSI running under Windows 10

tentner
tentner New Member Posts: 3

Hi,
we have connected to recommended 2MP Chicony Module CJFGF1820005190LH (http://www.up-board.org/doc/CSI camera/CJFGF18 camera spec-V1 0 0_20160527.pdf), however starting the Windows 10 camera app, it just reports "no camera".

Although I have instealled the OV2740 that I found in the up-core drivers package, I think some drivers are missing, or something else is wrong.

Could anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks,

Thomas

Tagged:

Comments

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    edited December 2017

Hi Thomas,

From what I learned in UP^2, there is an option in BIOS to enable CSI camera, and you also need to do some special setting in Windows.

The new BIOS with CSI camera enabling is still under validation, and meanwhile, I will check our team for the SOP of CSI camera installation.

• tentner

Thanks for your comment.

I have not found a respective option in my BIOS (UPC1BMOS, 04/08/2016). Do I need to update it, or is it not available at all yet? Can I get a "beta version" somewhere?

Do you (or somebody else) know more details about this "special setting" in Windows?

Thanks,

Thomas

• tentner

I would like to follow up on this: Could we get a beta version of a BIOS that supports MIPI-CSI? Please note that there is a project with some volume behind, and we are under time pressure.

Thanks,

Thomas

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin

Hi Thomas, I just send you a pm.

• mrjonandrews
    mrjonandrews New Member Posts: 7

@Aling / @tentner - was a solution ever found for this?

I would appreciate an update on this as I too have a project that relies on getting this camera working :smile:

Any advice on this would be awesome!

Jon

Tagged