Intel RealSense R200 not recognized by UP Squared board

Options
Thomas
Thomas New Member Posts: 2
Board: Up Squared
Camera: Intel RealSense R200
OS: Ubuntu 4.10.0-40-upboard (standard Ubuntu 16.04 system with upboard kernel from ppa on launchpad)

I installed the RealSense package including realsense-uvcvideo kernel module, following the instruction below:
https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/distribution_linux.md

However, when I plug in the RealSense camera to the USB 3.0 OTG port on the up squared board, nothing happened:
- no camera listed under /dev
- no camera registered under usb hub when I typed lsusb -t
- dmesg doesn't show any message related to the camera

Questions:
- Is the USB 3.0 OTG port compatible with RealSense R200?
- If I don't have the driver installed, would it be recognized by the usb hub as unknown device?
- Can I buy a USB adapter and plug the camera to a USB 3.0 type A port?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    Options
    It could be a problem of USB3.0 cable.
    - Is the USB 3.0 OTG port compatible with RealSense R200? ==> we didn't test R200 with UP Squared, however, R200 is software dependent device, it should be also working fine on UP Squared.
    - If I don't have the driver installed, would it be recognized by the usb hub as unknown device? ==> by my installation experience on UP in Windows, you must have a driver, otherwise, the system can not detect.
    - Can I buy a USB adapter and plug the camera to a USB 3.0 type A port? => Yes, you can do. Make sure the quality of USB3.0 A adapter is good.