EMMC CORRUPTED DAMAGED OR DISAPPEARED

theodoros p
theodoros p New Member Posts: 24
edited November 2017 in UP Squared Linux
suddenly the emmc of the up2 got dissapeared the bios works i can boot ubuntu live image but when i check in the /dev there is no mmcblk... device ,when i try to install ubilinux the installer can't detect emmc
Any solution or the emmc is damaged??

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    can you try to reset the BIOS completely? Just unplug the RTC battery for a couple of minutes and then boot your board again with the RTC battery connected.

Also, if you go into BIOS -> Boot Menu -> can you see or select eMMC in any of the boot options available?

Can you read the eMMC type you have on your board? Is it a Kingston or Hynix? What size?
  • theodoros p
    theodoros p New Member Posts: 24
    I left the board without power for one day but I didn’t disconnect the bios battery ,the next day it boot normally and worked as usual!!
    I didn’t want to involve the bios battery removal cause I don’t know if the bios is reset to factory version or it’s just make a settings reset!!As I have read in the upwiki to make updates to bios you need to install one version after the other you cannot jump directly to the last version ...that’s something complicated but whatever the board just with power off for one day came back to normal state!!In the day that happened I was testing on it an OpenCL code that I recently wrote I don’t know if there is some relation with the insident but I think there’s not!Is the first time it happens to me
    To a board to dissapear the emmc so I thought it’s gone,I hope that is not an issue to this specific board cause I’m going to use those boards to my project.
  • WereCatf
    WereCatf New Member Posts: 201
    pantheongr wrote:
    I didn’t want to involve the bios battery removal cause I don’t know if the bios is reset to factory version or it’s just make a settings reset!!

Just for future reference, removing the battery only resets the BIOS-settings, not the BIOS itself.