UP Squared with Win10 - missing drivers ???

Options
Martin Mayr
Martin Mayr New Member Posts: 54
Hello,

I just installed the UP2 board, installed Windows 10 x64 but missed 5 drivers - one I could resolve via the BIOS modif for Audio DSP off in the southbridge but the 4 others still insist to stay ... What drivers to remove these 4 exclamation marks in the Device manager ?
Thanks for some help in advance ....

Comments

• eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It's mentioned in the README PDF of the Windows drivers in the Downloads section.

In short, they are GPIO and there isn't any driver needed for Windows to function.

However, if you really want them removed, the procedure is outlined in the README for how to install the dummy drivers to remove those 4 exclamation marks.

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!

• David Rolfe
    David Rolfe New Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Thanks Eric, but I can't see any 'readme.pdf' file included with the Windows drivers I have just downloaded for the UP Squared board.

I would be interested in installing the 'dummy drivers' to remove the exclamation marks, so would love to find this file!

Mind you, are we not still waiting for some updated Windows 10 drivers to be made available for download?
  • eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin
    Options
    Montala wrote:
    Thanks Eric, but I can't see any 'readme.pdf' file included with the Windows drivers I have just downloaded for the UP Squared board.

I would be interested in installing the 'dummy drivers' to remove the exclamation marks, so would love to find this file!

Mind you, are we not still waiting for some updated Windows 10 drivers to be made available for download?
    Ah, apologies! I was talking about the Windows 10 UP Board drivers.

I see this is for the UP Squared. I haven't installed Windows on mine yet, sorry.

Whoa... And I just downloaded the UP Board drivers, only to find "Step 4" was removed (I just had these drivers like last weekend). Step 4 was the "dummy driver" installation for the UP Board.

Perhaps they are getting ready to revamp the downloads again with Windows signed drivers as you eluded to.

Sorry about that.

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!

• David Rolfe
    David Rolfe New Member Posts: 98
    edited November 2017
    Options
    No problem... thanks for the clarification Eric.

Perhaps someone from Emutex could give us an update on when we can expect an update on these, as it would be good to be able to get an 'error free' Windows 10 installation on our UP Squared boards?